Application Deadline: December 23, 2021
Start Date: End of January depending on scheduling
The Vermont Professionals of Color Network (VT PoC) is a growing 501c3 organization based in Burlington, VT, dedicated to the social and economic empowerment of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) community throughout the state. Over the last year, VT PoC has been awarded two grants for state-wide projects to forward our mission.
At this time, we are seeking an enthusiastic Project Manager to work with our internal team to plan, manage and complete various grant-funded projects. This individual will serve as the liaison between our internal team and projects across the organization. The Project Manager is the glue that keeps projects together from kickoff to completion. The Project Manager will be responsible for all scope of work administration ranging from managing resources, communicating with external project leads, calendars and workflow to coordinating meetings, building schedules and managing budgets. Strong commitment to timelines and prioritization is a must in order to keep projects moving forward.
This position will also play a key role in data collection and analysis, developing relevant case studies and formulating research around various issues concerning the BIPOC community in Vermont. The ideal candidate should possess a basic understanding of public policy, racial disparities, social justice issues, as well as familiarity of Vermont BIPOC community networks.
This is a full-time position with benefits that will report directly to the Executive Director and Director of Operations and Development to carry out our core pillars. This position is currently remote with the possibility of in-person meetings as requested.
● Dive deep into each project to have a thorough understanding of the project goals and deliverables.
● Develop and maintain project management processes and standards across projects.
● Communicate directly with internal staff and external partners to ensure projects proceed smoothly and meet all grant deliverables and goals.
● Maintain calendars, timelines and task lists for all projects.
● Maintain tracking of budget items for all projects for financial reporting.
● Develop weekly project status reports and participate in project and internal meetings as needed.
● Ensure from time of start to delivery of reports, that all aspects of the projects are completed in a timely manner by coordinating and following up with partners, internal team members and outside sources.
● Proactive approach to work, taking ownership of tasks, moving forward as appropriate to meet deadlines and objectives.
● Develop strong and positive working relationships, while maintaining adherence to objectives, process, and timelines.
● Think strategically about projects in order to maintain deadlines, manage expectations, and resolve issues effectively, ensuring expectations and deliverables are met.
● Perform administrative duties of projects via planning, financial and related management systems.
● Thoroughly gather information and succinctly summarize key points from a variety of sources, including academic, public (including news and public media), policy, and other sources.
● Review public-facing materials for factual accuracy.
● Coordinate projects or grants as needed with the Director of Operations and Development, including drafting grant memos, managing project timelines, and development of reports.
● Research and identify BIPOC private and Non-profit enterprises and help identify training and development opportunities to improve more equitable access and outcomes.
● Research and identify the existing barriers to business development within the BIPOC community in Vermont.
● Facilitate and convene meetings and productive communications between partners and grantees, serving as a resource on the needs, challenges, and solutions.
● Related work or educational experience in project management, and/or grant management.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as evidenced by ongoing training and professional development.
● Direct experience working with BIPOC organizations and community with public participation and meeting facilitation.
● Self-motivated, proactive, problem-solver with strong commitment to timelines and attention to detail.
● Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision, and to work as a group leader or team member.
● Ability to work with the multiple public stakeholders to inspire community to negotiate positive participation, dialogue, and group dynamic
● Ability to identify best practices, develop, and monitor metrics to bring equitable programming and strategies for project initiatives.
● Experience in survey development, data collection and data analysis is a plus.
● Experience with writing research-based reports is a plus.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “VT PoC Project Manager Application”.
VT PoC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, orveteran status. We strive to be a place where a diverse mix of dedicated folx want to work, to stay, andcontribute back to the community in which they live.