Web and Digital Experience Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Bennington, Vermont, United States
https://www.bennington.edu/ seeks a collaborative and thoughtful Web and Digital Experience Manager to join our dynamic https://www.bennington.edu/communications-and-marketing.
The Web and Digital Experience Manager leads website management, digital strategy, and user experience for the College. Reporting to vice president of communications and marketing, this role supports the College’s strategic digital communications and marketing plan, with the greatest possible clarity, quality, accuracy, and integrity while ensuring consistent branding and improving user experience for all key stakeholders. The Web and Digital Experience Manager is responsible for managing, updating, and optimizing the College’s website properties, as well as digital communications. A hybrid work arrangement will be considered.
- Manage the development and strengthening of the website properties of Bennington College.
- Maintain a schedule to update web content and project manage improvements for the College.
- Review and publish college-wide submissions for web publication and train colleagues in other offices on web use and style.
- Manage the website email account and serve as a first response to troubleshoot issues that arise on web properties.
- Serve as the project manager for multi-office communication efforts.
- Ideate and influence digital strategy across the College, helping to find ways to utilize and extend web-based communication tools.
- Assist in scheduling and review of scheduled communications that run through the Communications Office including among others, e-newsletters, biannual leadership letters, special announcements, and invitations. Track other offices’ scheduled communications and maintain an accurate calendar of College-wide communications.
- Manage the Community-wide email system to disseminate institutional messages to the on-campus community, including procedures, templates, schedule, and training staff in other offices.
Bennington serves a diverse student population inclusive of members of ethnically/racially minoritized, international, LGBTQIA+, and disability communities as well as diverse gender identities, socioeconomic backgrounds, religions, and political beliefs. Our staff and faculty also reflect diverse and intersecting backgrounds and identities. All employees are expected to be respectful and responsive to these differences in the service of building community that promotes student and employee success. Each individual (faculty, staff and students) will be accountable for upholding these values. The College’s approach to pluralism and inclusivity—both as fields of inquiry and practice—is to prioritize flexible thought, and to invite the examination of access, value, power, and privilege through its institutional policies and areas of study. We encourage applicants from diverse realms of interest, backgrounds, experience, and accomplishment to apply.
Qualifications and Skills
- B.A. degree preferred in website development, computer science, information systems, communications, digital strategy, or a related field and 4-6 years related work experience.
- Experience with SEO, SEM, and website analytics required. Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must also demonstrate excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Must be effective and work well in a collaborative environment; excellent organization skills, with the ability to set priorities in a fast-paced setting and handle multi-tasking well.
- Must show ability to accept sensitive/confidential information/situations and to facilitate initial handling/processing in a timely manner. Able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced computer skills required. Experience using Google Suite (including gmail, drive and docs), CMS management experience and web research required. Drupal experience preferred. Ability to adapt to and use changing technology.
- Must show high attention to detail.
This position requires successful completion and acceptable results of a background check.
Bennington College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, and tuition benefits including Tuition Exchange scholarships. The College also offers an on-site fitness center as well as generous time off benefits (4 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days and 17 paid holidays).
Bennington College is a laboratory for innovation in higher education. At Bennington, learning and making—on campus and in the field—are inseparable, and its graduates are noted for their outsized impact on the world’s stage. This campus celebrates the ongoing making of work—shared on walls, in shows and performances, in lectures and readings, and in conversations—and believes that equity, diversity, and inclusivity are vital to a collaborative community. This position captures, contributes to, and reflects the ethos of this creative community.
Nestled at the foot of the Green Mountains in Vermont, the campus consists of approximately 370 acres. The College was named one of ten with the best architecture by Architectural Digest. From campus, it is a short drive to the cultural offerings of the northern Berkshires in Massachusetts, Albany, New York, and many of Vermont’s top recreational centers. New York City, Boston, and Burlington, Vermont are all within three and a half hours by car.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3964860
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Bennington College is fully committed to advancing antiracism and social justice throughout all aspects of the institution. The impetus of this work was President Laura Walker’s establishment of the President’s Working Group on Anti Racism (PWG) with the goal of becoming an antiracist, equitable institution "that is more diverse, more inclusive and is actively fighting against racism while exploring the intersections of class, gender, and other vectors of identity and positionality."
Bennington College’s inaugural Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and College Diversity Officer, Dr. Alfredo Medina, has prioritized working collaboratively with all constituents in dismantling systems, policies, and programs that are systemically racist and to consistently create and sustain equitable systems and solutions to challenges at the college. Additionally, the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) Associate Director is charged with overseeing educational and social justice literacy training and programming on campus for students, faculty and staff. The ODEI works to finalize an action plan that incorporates PWG recommendations and addresses system and policy related initiatives.