Join the team at Vermont League of Cities and Towns and together we will serve and strengthen local government! VLCT seeks a professional, organized, efficient, and computer-savvy Membership and Administrative Coordinator. One of your primary first tasks will be to help us launch our new association management system to improve our membership services and experience. Our members – officials with towns and cities and partner organizations – need your help accessing VLCT services using a new web-portal. Your work will include supporting membership services, managing the front end of the association management system, and supporting VLCT’s affiliate group relationships. In addition, our executive team and Board needs your administrative support to keep it and the organization humming along. There’s plenty of room to grow in our 50+ person non-profit!
Our successful candidate will have top notch customer service and organizational skills, which are critical for this position. They will be a motivated self-starter, who takes direction well, but can creatively problem solve when direction is not provided. They will be an ultra-efficient organizer and implementer who can complete projects independently, as well as being part of a team. They will report to the Director of Operations. They will enjoy a hybrid, Monday-Friday schedule that allows up to two days of telework a week.
- College course work or other certificate and 5+ years’ experience as an executive level assistant is required.
- Experience and proficiency working with a customer relationship management (CRM) or association management system (AMS) or similar system, and/or client/customer database management is preferred.
- Proficiency in Windows-based environment and with Microsoft Office Suite products is required.
- A four-year college degree and experience working in member, nonprofit, or municipal organization is preferred.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license in good standing is required.
VLCT offers an excellent total compensation package including: 100% employer-paid health insurance premium, participation in Vermont’s municipal retirement system, 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, a convenient downtown Montpelier location, free parking, a trusted reputation, and great colleagues!
The application deadline is Monday, February 13. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Position open until filled. EOE.
VLCT works to advertise broadly in various places to attract a more diverse staff. We work closely with our Member Equity Committee to follow best practices. We are launching our Cultural Transformation Committee in 2023 and all employees have the opportunity to provide meaningful input.