Does a dynamic, quickly-growing entrepreneurial nonprofit with teens and technology at its core sound inspiring? Hack Club supports high school coders in 36 states and 22 countries in starting coding clubs, hackathons, and building awesome projects.
As VP, Donor Engagement, you’ll shape and advance our philanthropy strategy, and lead on executing it alongside Hack Club’s COO, its board, and a talented team of designers, video, and social media contractors.
To date, we’ve raised $6 million from a dozen committed donors—including Elon Musk—and the right candidate can leverage our highly-connected network to build a sustainable $5 to $7 million per year donor network with relationship building, storytelling, and collaboration. The work has begun: you will be able to rely on our board and circle of supporters to open some doors.
To be considered for this role, you must be experienced in closing on at least one $1 million gift, and fundraised successfully in Silicon Valley and the tech industry.
- Pay: Starts at $140,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Benefits: 31 paid days off per year, health care, $2000 hardware stipend
- Fully remote position, with U.S. travel at least quarterly
- Flexible full-time schedule
- Office in Shelburne, Vermont
- Raise $5 to $7 million per year through gifts of $10,000 – $2,000,000 from ultra-high-net-worth individuals, foundations and corporations, in partnership with COO Christina Asquith.
- Responsibilities include strategy and planning, fundraising operations, and communications.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to build a new, truly equitable educational system that gives every teenager a chance, regardless of background, race or gender—a cultural youth institution for the 21st century
- Flexible schedule and the ability to work remotely, with occasional visits to the Vermont office
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- The thrill of a start-up and a greenfield to build things from scratch
- A demonstrated track record of progressively responsible experience in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts, in the five-figure to $2 million range
- Experienced closing gifts from Silicon Valley and the tech industry
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with persuasive presentation and negotiation abilities
- Experience with developing and maintaining achievable and ambitious financial projections and budgets
- Exceptional relationship builder
- U.S. resident
SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: bit.ly/hackclub-vp-donor-engagement
TO LEARN MORE, feel free to contact our search partner, Charlene Wallace, at charlene[at]charlenewallace.com, for a confidential exploratory conversation.
Hack Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
ABOUT HACK CLUB
Founded in 2014, Hack Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to support, inspire and motivate teenagers from all backgrounds to become highly technical and use their computer skills to solve problems. We work with high school coders to start coding clubs—offering them an online technical community, a fiscal sponsorship program for hackathons, and educational events.
Hack Clubbers build a large part of Hack Club. Our donor materials and our donations are kept publicly in our GitHub. View our real-time transparent finances at Hack Club Bank. This transparency inspired Elon Musk to tweet that Hack Club was a “cool group”—and give a major gift!
Watch this 7 minute documentary on The Hacker Zephyr to learn more about Hack Club and see the sort of projects donors are inspired by. The Hacker Zephyr, a 10-day cross-country coding trip by train, was an all-expense-paid trip in 2021 for 42 amazing teen coders with a budget of $400K.
Check out the Hack Club philosophy, and our code of conduct. We’re in Shelburne, Vermont.
We have a diverse team, with 7 staffers in Shelburne, a team 3 in India, as well as other part-time staff. Check them out: https://hackclub.com/team/
Our full diversity statement:
Hack Club provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy or recent childbirth or related medical condition, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, the use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical handicap of any individual, citizenship, veteran or military status, genetic information, marital status, familial status, domestic or sexual violence status, possession of a GED instead of high school diploma, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state or local laws.