The Vermont Health Equity Initiative (VHEI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to prioritizing and bringing to light racial health inequities across the State of Vermont and those embedded in our nation’s legacy of systemic racism. VHEI is composed of a diverse team with varied skill sets, experiences, and identities. We value applicants who can bring unique perspectives to our team and organizational vision.
The VHEI Project Manager will be an integral member of the VHEI core team. The position will have two main focuses: 1) conducting open-source desk research for the VHEI team on local, state, and national public health disparity trends in order to support public health campaigns, and 2) coordinating the various inputs and deliverables for the assigned public health campaigns.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct continuous research on relevant public health trends to support marketing and outreach efforts
- Summarize and condense research into short white papers and easily accessible messaging for the internal team; include national, regional, and local landscape, stakeholders, contributing factors, and potential solutions
- Work with the Creative Team to develop storyboards that share relevant information in public campaigns.
- Manage receipt and delivery of multiple projects at the direction of the Program Director. ● Coordinate needs of project funders with efforts by the internal team and external vendors.
- Perform administrative oversight for projects including the development of scope(s) of work and implementation of project schedules and budgets, resource coordination, meeting facilitation, and timely communication.
- Lead onboarding of outside partners as needed for relevant projects, ensuring vendors have all the necessary information and documents throughout the project timeline. ● Participate in client and internal meetings as needed.
- Manage external events, and client-facing meetings, as well as provide administrative support for internal meetings
- Support organizational development needs.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated field
- Desired 3-5 years of relevant experience; in client-facing, planning, and managing projects.
- Well-developed prioritization and time management skills, as well as problem-solving skills.
- Manage constant workflow and collection of organization and client documents within Google Docs, calendars, project management documents, or other relevant file-sharing platforms.
- Ability to create various engaging presentations for proposals to new and existing clients across multiple platforms, with possible assistance from graphic teams as needed. ● Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, with an ability to confidently and effectively represent the organization to outside stakeholders ● Intermediate understanding of social determinants of health and health equity interventions.
- Basic understanding of budget management, including grant management ● Proactive working style and ability to ownership of tasks and move forward as appropriate to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships while adhering to objectives, processes, budgets, and project timelines.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is a plus.
- Experience managing high-impact and high-profile projects is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft Office.
VHEI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work.