VELCO is seeking a project manager with a specialty focus in either Information Technology or electrical substation design/construction.
Manages the successful execution of projects in accordance with the project scope schedule and budget. Plans, budgets, documents, oversees and leads various projects from conception through completion. Represents the company in the interaction with stakeholders, including state and federal regulatory staff, members of the public, landowners, and distribution utility staff. Provide reports to management, as well as the VELCO Board of Directors on the status of project efforts.
• Lead project planning sessions.
• Coordinate internal and external resources.
• Manage project progress and adapt work as required.
• Ensure projects meet deadlines.
• Manage project costs according to budgets.
• Manage relationships with stakeholders.
• Manage the development of bidding documents including Requests for Proposals, evaluations and internal Challenge Board requests.
• Develop, sign off and oversee contracts for both materials and services.
• Develop outage schedules when necessary.
• Monitor the performance of staff and contractors to ensure the successful performance of work in accordance with project plans and company requirements.
• Develop work plans and schedules to effectively manage resources necessary for the execution of projects.
• Develop annual capital budgets and update quarterly forecasts for all assigned projects.
• Provide written and oral testimony during the application and formal proceedings necessary to receive a Certificate of Public Good under VT Section 248.
• Develop commissioning plans and execution according to established processes.
• Participate on strategic teams in alignment with company core behaviors.
• Actively support the company’s strategic initiatives in support of the company’s mission and vision.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Training
• A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering, Business Administration, or similar field is preferred.
• Relevant professional licenses are preferred.
• The Project Manager will typically have at least 3 years of experience with utility infrastructure projects, personnel management, and budgeting.
• Further experience will vary depending on focus in either Information Technology or electrical substation design/construction:
• Experience working with software development and other IT based projects, interfacing with project stakeholders and the development teams
• Experience managing multiple concurrent IT projects
• Working knowledge of IT platforms and service delivery
• PMI certification, Agile and scrum methodology experience preferred
• Experience working with electrical components of transmission substations
• Experience with structural substation components
• Experience with construction contracts and materials specification and procurement
• Experience writing testimony and discovery responses for State regulated Certificate of Public Good applications
• Professional Engineers License preferred
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent skills with Microsoft suite.
• Strong understanding of project management practices as well as utility infrastructure projects.
• Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Ability to scope, plan, budget and execute work.
• Ability to be both creative and analytical.
• Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to travel to various project sites.
• Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
VELCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should submit an Application with Resume and Cover Letter at https://www.velco.com/contact/careers/career-opportunities
send an email with Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
VELCO is committed to taking meaningful action to provide equitable access to underrepresented and underserved members of our communities and to holding ourselves accountable for creating a workforce that is more representative and responsive to people of all backgrounds. We recognize the need to work within our communities to attract, train, and retain the next generation of skilled workers and to meaningfully diversify our workforce at all levels. By working closer within our communities to ensure women and underrepresented members of our community are aware of and can take advantage of the high-quality jobs available within our industry, we will be doing our part towards the development of a stronger and more resilient utility sector. To make this happen, we are committed to expanding our applicant pools, investing in the education and training of our workforce, and continuing our focus on a corporate culture that is welcoming, respectful, supportive, safe, and empowering to all.