The Vermont Community Loan Fund (VCLF) is a nonprofit financial institution that provides loans and other resources to local businesses, community organizations & nonprofits, early care & learning providers and developers of affordable housing. We develop and promote innovative capital-based solutions to issues of poverty and opportunity. With over $50 million in assets, VCLF is Vermont’s largest Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). VCLF is a mission-driven lender, creating opportunities that lead to healthy communities and financial stability for all Vermonters. Learn more at www.investinvermont.org.
VCLF is hiring a Loan Administrator. This position will work in all aspects of loan processing and servicing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the first point of contact for individuals interested in VCLF’s programs alongside other members of the administrative team.
- Prepares materials and documents for loan origination, closing and servicing.
- Sets up borrowers files and keeps borrower files up to date and professional.
- Sets up borrower loan in Nortridge Loan System database.
- Prepares, tracks and files loan security documents.
- Tracks the annual receipt of financial statements.
- Performs routine servicing of borrower accounts, including following up on delinquent borrowers and collecting payments.
- Informs Lending team of problem loans.
- Prepares routine status reports on all loans.
- Reviews and acts on portfolio compliance issues as they arise.
- Sets up semi-annual loan portfolio monitoring.
- Assists loan programs as needed.
- Organizes monthly or ad hoc Loan Committee meetings, ensuring the presence of a quorum to discuss loan applications.
- Records and types minutes of Internal Loan Team (ILT) and External Loan Committee meetings.
- Conducts monthly credit reporting as needed.
- And other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Director of Housing & Community Facility Programs or Director of Business and Early Care & Learning Programs.
Successful Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for this Position:
- Associates degree and/or one year minimum of applicable experience in the lending field or administrative setting.
- Experience in loan packaging or loan servicing, insurance or paralegal is desired. Additional qualifying experience and/or transferrable skills will be considered.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with a strong desire to engage and establish relationships with current and potential borrowers
- Knowledge or experience in collections, managing loan portfolios, lending practices, real estate finance or experience within the insurance or paralegal professions or experience working with nonprofit community-based organizations is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, under deadlines and keep a sense of humor.
- High degree of organizational skills, attention to detail, working with a minimum of supervision and multi-tasking.
- Working independently and analyzing and solving problems.
- Effective writing and phone skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, email and internet.
- Working in a team environment.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the Position:
- Has a commitment to social and economic justice.
- Desire to grow and advance with the organization as it grows.
VCLF is an equal opportunity employer. This position is a 40 hour per week, non-exempt position, with generous benefits including health, retirement, and paid leave. Beginning hourly wage is $21.00 – $23.00.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or VCLF, PO Box 827, Montpelier, VT 05601.
Diversity, justice, and inclusion are key values within VCLF. We are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, equitable working environment for our staff. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions.