The Assistant Director of Information Systems is responsible for providing first-line hardware and software technical assistance in support of the mission of the UVM Foundation.
The Assistant Director reports to the UVM Foundation Vice President and Chief Information Officer.
45% Client hardware support
- Build, configure, deploy, troubleshoot, and support Windows client workstations and peripheral hardware.
- Use system imaging software and deployment services, with an ongoing focus on optimizing systems deployment.
- Work with hardware vendors to complete warranty work and/or replacements.
- Maintain hardware inventory.
- Provide first-line hardware help desk support.
30% Client operating system and software application support
- Install and troubleshoot client operating system and application software.
- Provide application support for the Foundation’s core suite of products – currently Microsoft Windows, the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneDrive, and Ellucian’s Advance Web.
- Provide first-line software help desk support.
10% Cybersecurity awareness training and support
- Deploy and manage cybersecurity awareness and training throughout the organization.
- Stay current with cybersecurity threats and their relevance to UVM Foundation systems.
10% Systems administration
- Manage UVM Foundation systems user accounts and password resets.
- Maintain shared network drives.
5% Other duties as assigned.
The UVM Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.
We recognize that becoming an inclusive employer is a journey, not a destination. Along the way we are engaged actively in full staff retreats with external speakers and experts; days of learning; comprehensive learning curriculum to build awareness, knowledge and skills; and an active employee-driven knowledge community delivering content and activities focused on multiple and intersecting identity-related topics.