The Vermont League of Cities and Towns seeks an organized, efficient, and computer-savvy administrative assistant who has demonstrated multi-tasking skills. This part time (23.5 hours per week) position performs a wide range of technical and administrative duties in support of underwriting, claims, and general administrative operations for the VLCT Property and Casualty Intermunicipal Fund (“VLCT PACIF” or “PACIF”) within the Risk Management Services (RMS) Department. This position reports to the Deputy Director, Underwriting and Loss Control or equivalent managerial/supervisory position within the Underwriting Division. This position has some remote work flexibility but will require time in the VLCT office.
• Assisting the underwriting division with processing a wide range of transactions within the policy system.
• Serving as the backup person for certain claims data entry and related tasks.
• Providing clerical support to RMS managers and assist with clerical tasks related to the PACIF Board of Directors
• High school diploma
• General administrative support training and/or experience required
• Experience using Microsoft 365 applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Knowledge of insurance principles and insurance work experience or training, particularly in underwriting, preferred
• Knowledge of local government operations desired
The Vermont League of Cities and Towns offers a competitive wage, a convenient downtown Montpelier location, a trusted reputation, and great colleagues! To review the full job description and apply, please visit www.vlct.org/careers
The application deadline is Friday, October 21. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Position open until filled. EOE.
In the autumn of 2020, VLCT’s Board of Directors began taking deliberate actions to help our members tackle the complex work of justice, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. By the Spring of 2021, VLCT adopted a Statement of Equity and Racial Justice, adopted an Equity and Social Justice Plan, and formed an Equity Committee. In the Spring of 2022 VLCT adopted a 3-Year Equity Strategic Plan and an updated Justice, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Toolkit. See more at https://www.vlct.org/JDEIB