Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying.
The pay range is between $25.41 to $34.22 based on experience.
8 am to 4:30 and at times may vary.
Essex Junction, VT
BENEFITS (THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start
- 14 paid holidays
- 18 sick days per year
- 24 hours of personal time per year
- Retirement benefits include VMERS C, and the ability to contribute to a 457 or ROTH
- Generous health insurance benefit in which the City pays 97% of the premium for medical and 100% employer paid for dental and vision
- PSLF Program
- Short-term disability and life insurance
- $350 Wellness Benefit
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide staff support to the Development Review Board, Housing Commission, and other municipal boards as assigned.
- Conduct development review and coordinate input by various City Departments to influence development proposals in the early stages and improve the outcome for the City and the applicant.
- Participate in select transportation, land-use, and public facility planning projects, as assigned by the Community Development Director.
- Research and write staff reports and memoranda on various current and long-term planning.
- Perform the duties of the Assistant Zoning Administrator in their absence.
- At times will issue zoning permits and certificates of occupancies for projects.
- Ability to, or have a strong interest in learning to, read land surveys, topographic maps, aerial photographs, construction drawings, land development plans, and maps.
- Good familiarity with land use and site planning principles and laws.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the public, City officials, and other City personnel, as well as government agencies, developers, community groups, businesses, and outside consultants. Customer service and the ability to work with the public is a priority in this position.
- Working knowledge of GIS is preferred.
We are trying to make intentional efforts to support diversity, equity, and belonging by:
BE INTENTIONAL AND SYSTEMATIC
PRIORITIZE AFFINITY GROUPS
AIM BROADLY FOR INCLUSIVITY