We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members.”
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Teacher- Math and Science – Fay Honey Knopp Memorial School:
Do you like the opportunity to be innovative and creative in your teaching with students? If you do, then the Fay Honey Knopp Memorial School is the school for you!
Fay Honey Knopp Memorial School is seeking a math and science teacher that is passionate about embracing each student’s individuality and strengths, while developing and implementing academic instruction in a small group setting to support student academic success in a friendly, therapeutic, and encouraging environment.
If you enjoy working with middle school to high school students and value enhancing social, emotional, and behavioral development in an alternative educational setting, apply today! The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in delivering differentiated curriculum, supporting varied learning styles, and working creatively and collaboratively as part of a team. This person must be comfortable with and capable of being compassionately assertive and thriving within a dynamic environment that utilizes Relational and Trauma Informed instructional strategies.
The Fay Honey Knopp School, located in Rutland, VT, is a State Board of Education approved independent school. It provides a therapeutic educational program offering unique learning opportunities to inspire personal change and well-being for adolescent males, ages 12-17 years, grades 7-12. The students enrolled in Fay Honey Knopp are part of a residential treatment program that assists youth who have engaged in sexually problematic behaviors. The programming and collaboration between the two entities is intensive and trauma informed.
- Collaborate with Teachers and other colleagues to create safe, inclusive, and culturally responsive learning environments to engage students in meaningful learning activities and social interactions
- Utilize diagnostic teaching, informal assessments, and ongoing progress monitoring to assess student’s academic, social, emotional, and behavioral functioning
- Help to resolve interpersonal conflicts, teaches problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Contribute to student progress notes, comprehensive evaluation reports and individualized education plans (IEP’s)
- Provide adequate supervision to effectively implement treatment interventions, behavior management plans and specialized services as prescribed and adjust interventions based on needs of the students and the need for safety
- Bachelor’s degree
- Level I- VT Professional Educator’s License. Applicants who are eligible for a provisional license are also encouraged to apply.
- Valid driver’s license, use of a personal vehicle and a clean driving record
- Must be comfortable with and capable of being compassionately assertive and thriving within a dynamic environment that utilizes Relational and Trauma Informed instructional strategies.
- Full time
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
Click the link below to hear from individuals currently in this role:
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit “About Us” to review Howard Center’s EOE policy.
Howard Center has strategic planning goals to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment. The goals address inclusive hiring practices, development of partnerships in the diverse community of Vermont and evaluating the employment brand at Howard Center.