“We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members.”
–Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Supervisor – Harm Reduction and Syringe Exchange
Supervise the Safe Recovery Syringe Service Programs and the Harm Reduction Case Management Program. This includes assessment, service coordination, treatment planning, crisis intervention, HIV testing, referral, and linkage and HCV testing, drug overdose prevention, and related services. Ensure appropriate services and advocate across service systems.
- Work with communities to implement and expand mobile syringe service programs, following the Vermont Department of Health Guidelines
- Recruit, mentor, train and supervise case management team members
- SSP program documentation and reporting
- Conduct overdose prevention trainings, crisis management and periodically respond to crisis situations at the Howard Center Safe Recovery site
- Participation in group and individual supervision, case staffing, training, and other program administration
- Provide client transportation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of experience in harm reduction, overdose prevention or case management services
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle
- Starting at $47,643
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy for internal and external applicants
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit “About Us” to review Howard Center’s EOE policy.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Cabinet forms a vital part of the Howard Center’s organizational structure; existing to improve the diversity, equity and inclusion performance of Howard Center through effective governance. Howard Center CEO, Bob Bick, has put forth an inspiring vision: “We are committed to becoming a model culture and community leader around issues of diversity, inclusion, and corporate values and responsibility. We want to ensure a welcoming, inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for our staff, the people we serve, our partners, and community. In doing this, we must face old patterns, and in a respectful and positive way break though barriers and stereotypes, and have courageous conversations that will allow us to grow, expand, and more fully live our values and mission.”