We invite you to discover how interesting and fulfilling a career in the insurance industry would be by spending the summer with us! We are offering a paid 10 week, full time summer internship in Montpelier or Berlin, VT beginning June 6th. We have summer internships available in our Underwriting, and Claims departments.
- Firsthand experience in the field
- Individualized learning based on career goals
- Opportunities to network
- Individual and team work on meaningful projects with the opportunity to present findings to Senior Leadership team
- Be a part of an insurance industry leader and recipient of Best Places to Work in Vermont for 7 consecutive years!
- Matriculated senior (preferred) or junior seeking Bachelor’s degree in Business, Data Science, Math, Communications or other related field
- Ability to analyze data, problem solve, communicate effectively
- Organized, attention to detail, knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Access to transportation to and from our office in Montpelier or Berlin, VT
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
Please visit www.vermontmutual.com/careers to apply!
At Vermont Mutual, we are continually striving to embody the principles of equity, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize our differences make us stronger as individuals and as an organization and we respect and embrace these differences. We endeavor for every employee, regardless of their differences, to have equitable access to opportunities and resources, where they can comfortably bring their whole-selves to work and confidently contribute fully to the organization's success.
In support of these principles, the Vermont Mutual Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Committee is dedicated to:
Providing information and education to employees and guidance and recommendations to the organization with regard to equity, and inclusion, and diversity.
As employees embrace the opportunity for deeper understanding of the issues, we will continually move our organization and our communities to be equitable in our actions, inclusive in our culture, and diverse in our make-up.