JOB TITLE: Strategic Relationship Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Client Engagement
STATUS: Full-time (open to candidates interested in working at least 75% of full-time)
LOCATION: Remote with regular travel throughout the state of Vermont (office in Williston, VT available)
WHAT IS VERMONT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LEADERS?
Vermont Information Technology Leaders, Inc. (VITL) is a nonprofit organization working to support the advancement of health care delivery and reform in Vermont through the aggregation and exchange of health information. We are an agile and collaborative team of approximately 30 people that works together to build and support the technology and tools that enable clinicians across Vermont to safely share electronic health data to enable more efficient workflows, support health care reform efforts, and improve patient care.
As we grow, we are hiring a Strategic Relationship Manager, a new position, to help us better meet the needs of our biggest clients across the state.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP MANAGER?
The VITL Strategic Relationship Manager will cultivate and grow meaningful relationships with our largest clients (insurance companies, hospitals, federally qualified health centers and other major health care organizations) to understand their data and information needs and collaborate with our technology team to ensure we develop and deliver services that support their goals. If you are interested in building relationships with key healthcare leaders across the state and you want to make a significant impact on how the Vermont healthcare system utilizes health information, we would love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about understanding client needs and collaboratively designing solutions to meet their needs. They are a relationship builder, a connector, an advocate and a results-oriented problem solver. Through strong relationships and organizational skills, they can proactively identify client needs and work with members of our VITL team to ensure those needs are met. They are excited by the idea that better data can lead to better health outcomes for all Vermonters.
WHAT ARE THE KEY FOCUS AREAS FOR THIS POSITION?
The Strategic Relationship Manager will help VITL achieve its goals by focusing in the following three areas:
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT with health care providers and payers across the state:
- Build and maintain strong relationships
- Deeply listen to and understand client needs to identify VITL solutions
- Tell the VITL story and educate clients about the services and value that VITL can provide
- Become a trusted advisor and go-to resource to clients on health information exchange and health information technology
- Ensure client needs are met from onboarding to project delivery
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT to ensure effective and efficient client relationship management:
- Help define and create the client relationship management process
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to effectively use client relationship management tools and process
- Mentor and guide other members of the client relationship team to support their learning and growth
- SOLUTIONS DESIGN to ensure client needs are met:
- Identify client needs using a variety of methodologies, including *human centered design)
- Translate clients needs to VITL leadership and staff
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to design and implement solutions that meet client needs
- Share ongoing client feedback to VITL team to ensure continual improvement of services and tools
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate relationships, listen carefully, amplify voices, translate complex needs and navigate relationships to meet client needs and support VITL goals.
- Passion for problem solving and identifying and delivering solutions to meet client needs
- Coordination, organization and project management skills with the ability to turn a vision into a reality.
- Ability to think strategically while also paying careful attention to details
- Combination of entrepreneurial and operational skills with the ability to identify possibilities and systematize them so they are efficient and effective
- Ability to effectively influence and advocate for a variety of key stakeholders
WHAT IS THE EXPERIENCE THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- Significant experience in business development or customer relationship management (in a healthcare-related field preferred, but not required) or a similar combination of skills and experience is required
- Five or more years’ experience in one or more of the following fields is required: customer service, program management, health information technology, health care delivery and/or health care reform, community and/or government relations, education and training for adult/professional learners, technical sales, technical service design
- Knowledge of the Vermont health care ecosystem, including the health information exchange is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with customer relationship management systems (like Salesforce) preferred, but not required
The person who fills this position will be comfortable working independently from a home office and will be willing to travel regularly (approximately 15% on average with significantly more at times) throughout the state of Vermont, with some travel outside of the state for events and meetings.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
VITL is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to compliance with all applicable fair employment practices laws and a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, place of birth, crime victim status, ancestry, physical or mental condition, disability, pregnancy, citizenship or immigration status, status as a veteran, military service or obligation, a positive test result from an HIV-related blood test, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by such laws (“Protected Characteristics”). VITL’s policy of anti-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, advancement, and termination of employment. VITL prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against any employee, applicant, worker, or service provider on the basis of any Protected Characteristic.