Strategic Communications Manager
The University of Vermont (https://www.uvm.edu) and the Gund Institute for Environment (https://www.uvm.edu/gund) seek a Strategic Communications Manager to bolster UVM’s news and media relations team.
The Gund Strategic Communications Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Identify and pitch newsworthy research and experts to journalists covering the environment, sustainability and other related topics.
- Produce multimedia stories and strategies (digital, print, video), including news releases, feature stories, pitches, and social media posts.
- Manage and develop digital channels (social media, website, and email).
- Communicate effectively with target audiences, including journalists, policymakers, community partners, donors, stakeholders, prospective students, and alumni.
- Provide communications trainings to faculty and students.
The Gund Institute and UVM Strategic Communications are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to its diversity and excellence. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
SALARY: The hiring salary is budgeted between the high-point ($74,100/year) and the midpoint ($56,550/year), commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience, plus benefits.
- Review the UVM job posting and apply: https://www.uvmjobs.com/postings/64124
- Upload a resume and cover letter.
- Review of applications will begin July 17, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. The University encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution.