SunCommon believes business should create positive change and help solve the world’s biggest problems. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to solar power in our communities because ensuring a habitable planet is the most important work of our lifetimes.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
SunCommon is a market leading renewable energy company operating in Vermont and New York’s Hudson Valley and Capital District. SunCommon is a subsidiary of iSun, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISUN), a leading solar energy and clean mobility infrastructure company with 50-years of construction experience in solar, electrical and data services. We use an innovative approach to marketing, via high-touch, personal interactions with home and business owners who want clean electricity and more energy security. We’ve done all the legwork to put together a total package that’s easy for the customer. We picked the best equipment manufacturers, arranged attractive financing that saves our customers real money and hired up the finest installers. There’s over 8,000 happy SunCommon residential and commercial customers so far – and lots more to come. Organized as a Benefit Corporation and certified as a BCorp, we’re committed to the triple bottom line of People, Planet and Profit. Our goal is to become the largest publicly traded, BCorp in the country producing renewable energy.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Project Managers make solar dreams come true for our customers as part of the Residential Project Management (RPM) team. Committed to delivering the SunCommon Customer Experience, Project Managers ensure easy, efficient, joyful engagement, provide above and beyond service, and help each customer recognize the value of becoming part of something bigger through their decision to go solar.
This intensive customer-focused function is equal parts personal relationship building and project management – with consistent and compassionate communication to ensure each customer is stoked about the investment of their new solar system. Project Managers coordinate the details of installation, financing, change orders and project completion by setting expectations and educating homeowners on the details of their SunCommon project.
To meet the needs of our customers, our business and our business partners, Project Managers efficiently fill the installation calendar through effective prioritization, proactive planning, and diligent attention to detail. This role requires a high level of organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to graciously handle last-minute changes. Effective collaboration with departments across the company and external business partners is essential to Project Managers’ success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reporting to the Manager of Residential Solar Projects, the Project Manager will:
- Deliver exceptional customer service by creating joyful customer engagement, setting clear expectations, and educating customers about the process of going solar
- Contribute to achieving company goals by ensuring the installation schedule is filled efficiently
- Be responsible for scheduling installers and/or electricians to conduct onsite checks as necessary
- Effectively manage a portfolio of several residential customers at one time
- Shepherd project through the various stages with a focus on customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Comfort with explaining technical aspects of solar and storage systems to homeowners
- Accurate, thorough, and timely documentation in Salesforce and Google Workspace
- Support our solar installation crews by managing their schedule and arranging any additional equipment or resources necessary for a successful installation
- Contribute to frequent Jobs Meetings to ensure that each job is completed by the best possible crew of people to maximize success and efficiency and that crewmembers are fully utilized
- Meet regularly with Manager of Residential Solar Projects to discuss schedule, concerns, and process improvement
- Ability to be positive, enthusiastic, adaptable, and flexible in a fast-paced team environment
- Camaraderie, teamwork, and joy. We need to love what we do, work well with our teammates, and appreciate our customers in order to achieve and deliver success.
- Willingness to go beyond the desk and experience face-to-face customer time through ride-alongs with Advisors, Organizers, Evaluators or Installers as time allows
- Strong belief in SunCommon mission of building the renewable energy movement in Vermont and beyond
- Motivated to collaborate and share knowledge with various internal teams with an open mind to achieve the same goal
- Manage relationships with external partners, subcontractors, utilities, permitting authorities, and inspectors to ensure efficient workflow and customer satisfaction
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have a four-year college degree or five years related business experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have experience in the solar industry, or willingness to learn basics of solar installations and design
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to identify and use the most effective communication tool for the situation
- Demonstrate professional maturity and accountability for achieving goals
- Revel in developing relationships with customers, most often via phone and email communication
- Be extremely skilled in juggling several tasks at once while remaining focused
- Actively work to make it easy for our customers to go solar
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace and Customer Relationship Management software
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and grow and be proactive about one’s growth
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic business environment and shift gears as needed (we call it the solar coaster).
- Thrives in a collaborative, team atmosphere – giving and taking feedback to improve your personal performance as well of that of your team and the entire business.
- Be committed to social and environmental change
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SunCommon provides our employees a competitive salary and strong package of benefits, including:
- For the employee and her/his family, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses.
- For the employee and family – fully paid dental premiums.
- 3 weeks paid personal leave (combined vacation and sick) for year 1; 4 weeks for year 2 and beyond.
- 10 paid holidays annually.
- Company contribution toward retirement (401k company match 1:1 up to 3% of pay that the employee sets aside, then a 1:2 match for 4 or 5%) or 3% of pay toward the employee’s college student loan debt.
- Company-paid short-term disability insurance, long-term-disability insurance and $25K in life insurance with buy-up option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Achieving our mission is critical work, and how we do that work matters. One way SunCommon creates positive change is internally, by instituting and measuring ourselves against practices that do right by our employees, customers, and communities. The following core values are critical to our operations and our success: Embody Excellence, Maintain Humanity, Prioritize Inclusivity, Cultivate Joy.
We do it by celebrating creativity, cross-function collaboration, high energy, hard work, good play, deep networking and with the acknowledgement that we’ll each make mistakes and learn from them. We know success. We know fun. Come do both with us.
As a certified BCorps, we take seriously our responsibility to succeed and to honor our triple bottom line commitments to People (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), Planet (our beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and Profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is fun stuff.
SunCommon of course is an equal opportunity employer and we don’t tolerate harassment or other discrimination based upon sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.