The Programmer/Analyst’s role at VSAC is to define, analyze, develop and test new and existing software applications that meet VSAC’s business requirements.
• Collaborate with business users and other team members throughout the development lifecycle.
• Research emerging application development products, languages, and standards.
• Follow and support best practices for developing applications according to specifications
• Enhance functionality and/or performance of existing company applications
• Degree or certificate in computer science, web development or software engineering with 3+ years of related experience
• Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
• Strong Web application development experience, full stack preferred
• Team player who can work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Solid testing, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technologies used at VSAC:
• Relational Databases; DB2, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access
• Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
• Squirrel SQL Client
• Languages include Java 8+, Python, Grails and Struts frameworks
• Apache Tomcat
• Spring Boot, SOAP – Apache CXF, REST-JSON, IntelliJ IDEA
• WAMP Server, Windows Server 2016
• Gradle, Maven
VSAC offers a dynamic, professional environment with competitive compensation and generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance, onsite fitness center, and more. Apply ONLY online at https://asp1.humanic.com/pls/vsac/hapss_index.apss.
VERMONT STUDENT ASSISTANCE CORPORATION
PO Box 2000, Winooski, VT 05404
- DEI committee
- DEI survey to staff
- Based on results, DEI education was administered for staff
- DEI survey sent out to our constituents
- Waiting to act on the outcome of the constituent survey