Senior Director of Nursing
- Supervise Nursing Leaders
- Program development
- Assessment of nursing needs and standards
- Evaluate performance of nursing team based on client and staff feedback as well as defined objectives and metrics
- Organize nursing resources according to service needs in diverse programs in the agency
- Liaison with counterparts in other DA’s/SSA’s, clinical contractors, and community healthcare partners
- Participate and lead in committee work within HC and represent HC nursing at meetings with community partners and external professional groups
- Consultation and education on nursing and other health related policies and questions
- Project management for key nursing related projects
- Organize department needs to be considered in capital projects and annual budget
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse license, Vermont license eligible
- Bachelors Degree of an accredited Nursing Program, Master’s or greater level preferred
- Five years of experience as a nurse
- Driver’s License and use of a personal vehicle
- Full Time
- Starting at $86,685
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit “About Us” to review Howard Center’s EOE policy.
With our new Director of Diversity, Equity and Belonging we are continuing to work on having a culture shift at the Howard Center. We have goals within our strategic plan that are being closely monitored. We have training initiatives for supervisions and leaders.