As a Retail Department Sales Manager, you are a key member of the retail store management team. You will be a critical manager in the store coaching, developing, and motivating sales teams to impact REI’s organizational goals. You will report to the Store Manager, manage a team of retail staff to deliver on business goals of sales, memberships, and service. You will spend most of your time as an energetic, visible manager, motivating, directing, and coaching hourly staff. Specific responsibilities include:
– Leverages tools, reports and insights to make appropriate business adaptations that result in increased sales and service
– Directs the execution of our core standards and overall visual direction to maximize sales
– Builds agile, service-focused teams to deliver on the evolving expectations of our customers
– Drives sales through all channels by maximizing selling behaviors. Capitalizes on all promotional events through successful event execution and staff excitement
– Delivers motivational experiences for our members and customers through effective execution of outdoor programs and outreach
– Aligns with company direction and communicates critical company strategies and changes to teams as needed
– Recognizes and rewards team members to deepen engagement and cultivate teamwork
– Provides dynamic and regular customer-focused feedback and engages in two-way dialogue
– Recruits and develops diverse managers from within and outside the organization.
– Ensure execution of all visual merchandising standards
We pride ourselves on living our values and we look to our store leadership teams to deliver on that promise. Ready for your next journey? Take a look at the skills we look for in our Sales Managers:
– Minimum of 3+ years of successful retail management experience
– Demonstrated dynamic managership skills with the ability to drive, motivate and develop future managers
– Proficiency in interpreting and using retail financial metrics to drive key performance indicators
– Demonstrated ability to set standards and hold team members accountable
– Effective communication skills
– Commitment to deliver an outstanding customer experience
– Demonstrated experience in Visual Merchandising
REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. Join us.
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we seek candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.