Job Title: Marketing Associate
Hours: Part-Time Employee (25-30/week)
Pay: $15/hour commensurate with experience
Start date: September 22, 2022
We are a fully remote digital marketing agency that seeks a collaborative new team member to tackle exciting marketing projects, continue to build our long-term client relationships, and support our company growth.
You relish learning new skills and tools, enjoy collaborating with team members, are flexible, and have a can-do attitude. You can independently manage your time, consistently meet deadlines, are highly organized and detail-oriented, enjoy writing, can take direction from others, and are quick to reach out with questions when clarification is needed or you face a roadblock.
You want to advance your marketing skills, enjoy meeting clients (virtually) and learning about their business and their brand, and are self-motivated. You recognize the important role you play in the growth of J.Scott Marketing by providing support to clients and the team.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Administrative duties: scheduling meetings and creating calendar invites, uploading files, preparing agendas, following up on details, and more
- Social media: creating organic content, boosting posts, creating events, running ROI
reports, helping clients set up access, scheduling updates and Stories (Instagram),
- Writing: blog posts for JSM and clients, creating ad copy, client emails
- Email marketing: creating and designing campaigns in MailChimp and similar tools
- Virtual meetings: attending weekly team meetings, attending one-to-one meetings with your direct manager, and attending select client meetings during business hours (generally 2-4 meetings per week)
- Learning new tools: Asana, Harvest, Google Drive, Hootsuite, DashThis, Creator Studio, Canva, Facebook Ads/Business Manager, Moz, and more!
Requirements: access to a computer, high-speed internet access, basic computer and internet skills, basic writing skills, 2 years marketing experience
Why consider joining us:
- We are a woman-owned business and committed to creating and sustaining a supportive, satisfying, and anti-racist work culture.
- Enjoy zero commute and a flexible job working from the comfort of your home while learning valuable new marketing skills.
- Ten days of paid time off annually as a new hire.
- Thirteen paid holidays.
- Two hours paid time off on Election Day.
- A $1,500 annual retirement match.
- Quarterly profit sharing.
- Weekly paid time for deepening your marketing skills and knowledge.
- Monthly paid time for participating in anti-bias/DEI training.
- Learn new skills and tools on the job that build your resume.
Who we are: J.Scott Marketing is an inclusive and growing digital marketing agency with an exciting array of clients that seeks a Marketing Associate to contribute to and support various aspects of our team’s workflow.
To apply: Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want this position, your relevant experience, and what traits you bring to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply. Learn more about our team here.
We conduct monthly paid DEI/anti-bias trainings, including time to consume various pieces of content (video, articles, graphics), then discuss as a team.
We piloted a 6-month paid Marketing Assistant Traineeship program, during which a BIPOC candidate interested in breaking into marketing participated on our team. She shadowed internal and client meetings, did 1:1 trainings with us, was given access to our paid tools to get familiar with them, and was assigned several tasks to build her portfolio of published work, including a blog post, and a few months of social media updates for a client.