Job title: Social Media Account Manager
Location: 100% remote
Hours: FT (35 hours/week)
Pay: $25-30/hour plus benefits
Start date: May 1, 2022
We are a fully remote digital marketing agency that seeks a collaborative new team member with a strong grasp of social media strategy to lead our social media projects (organic and paid), continue to build our long-term client relationships, and support our company growth.
Are you savvy at leveraging social media to get clients noticed? Do you relish connecting with clients, nurturing the agency relationship with them, and helping them solve their marketing woes? If our Mission, Vision, and Core Values resonate with you, we may be a fantastic match.
You are flexible, collaborate well with team members, and have a can-do attitude. You can independently manage your time, consistently meet deadlines, are highly organized and detail-oriented, and communicate efficiently and effectively. You want to be part of a digital marketing team that recognizes the important role you play in our success, and love supporting small businesses owners and their teams to reach their dreams.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Create social media strategies, content for editorial calendars, and social media ads for Instagram and Facebook using Ads Manager
- Manage deadlines for social media marketing projects and tasks (primarily Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Manage several client accounts, including organizing client meeting agendas, following up on details, running select virtual client meetings
- Stay on top of changing social media algorithms and trends
- Manage and analyze ad spend and ROI in regular reports
- Collaborate with other team members on a variety of projects, including some strategic work, implementation, and analysis
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with clients via email and phone in between meetings
- Attend virtual weekly team meetings, communicate with the entire team about challenges and successes, and in general support other team members
- Attend occasional business networking events as a representative of J.Scott Marketing
Qualifications and skills:
- 2-5 years of experience in social media marketing (organic and paid)
- Ability to work virtually, self-motivate, be productive, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and decision-making skills
- Familiarity with social media development strategies
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Zoom, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, WordPress, and YouTube, among others
- Bonus if you’re familiar with Asana, Harvest, Storrito, DashThis; if not we will train you
Why consider joining us:
- We are a woman-owned business and committed to creating and sustaining a supportive, satisfying, and anti-racist work culture.
- Enjoy zero commute and flexible hours working from the comfort of your home while being part of a supportive team.
- Ten days of paid time off annually as a new hire.
- Eleven paid holidays.
- Your birthday is a paid holiday.
- Two hours paid time off on Election Day.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match.
- Quarterly profit sharing.
- Weekly paid time for deepening your marketing skills and knowledge.
- Monthly paid time for participating in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training.
Requirements: 2–5 years social media marketing experience, access to a computer, high-speed internet access.
Who we are: J.Scott Marketing is an inclusive and growing digital marketing agency, with an exciting array of clients, that seeks a Social Media Account Manager to contribute to and support various aspects of our team’s workflow.
To apply: Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want this position, your relevant experience, and what traits you bring to the position to email@example.com. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply. Learn more about our team here.
For more than a year we have been holding regular DEI/anti-bias trainings. We started quarterly, then moved them to monthly. We are all paid for our time to consume content on DEI, then we have a team discussion.
We worked with a BIPOC-owned, family-owned VT business and gave them a pro bono contract worth $12,000. Happy to provide a reference if requested.
Currently, we are piloting a paid Marketing Assistant Trainee program that supports a BIPOC candidate who wants to get into marketing with a 6-month PT program to learn the skills, connections, and reference letter that will hopefully lead to a FT marketing gig. Happy to provide a connection to our current trainee if she is open to that.