Champlain College has openings for Campus Public Safety (CPS) Officers. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and tuition. Join the high-integrity team providing safety and security services for the campus community.. All CPS Officers embrace a team-player and customer service mentality; as CPS works collaboratively with its College partners to help foster a safe environment in which to live, work, learn and thrive.
Whether dealing with a routine call for service or an emergency, officers will utilize a solid understanding of campus operations, while employing sound judgment, critical problem-solving skills, and empathy to resolve the task at hand.
Safety and Security Operations:
- Respond to all calls for assistance, including 911 calls and quality of life complaints, I.E. disturbances, trespasses, public intoxication, medical assists, mental health calls, etc.
- Report on all calls giving a detailed narrative of all actions and results in a timely and accurate format.
- Perform pro-active vehicle, bike, and foot patrols of campus.
- Conduct daily lock-ups and unlocks for the academic and administrative buildings as we as interior and exterior checks.
- Complete routine operational system checks.
- Provide student welfare checks and safety escort service in and around campus.
- Work with local law enforcement as needed.
Fire Safety Operations:
- Primary first responders to calls for service involving fire alarms, fire exit door activation, fire evacuation drills, and the daily inspection and testing of safety equipment.
- Respond to all fire and trouble alarms on campus.
- Assist the Burlington Fire Dept.
Relationship Building: Fostering positive relationships with students, faculty, staff, neighbors, and external agencies.
- Promote open, fluid, and professional communications with all Champlain College stakeholders.
- Promote open and professional relations with the Burlington Police and Burlington Fire Departments who continue to support our campus.
- Support the College’s ongoing efforts to be a good neighbor with the surrounding Burlington Community.
Miscellaneous Service Support Functions:
- CPS Officers strive to support all its College partners when needed including.
Campus Public Safety Core Values: RESPECT, INTEGRITY, SERVICE, INNOVATION.
- Excellent judgment
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and overnight shifts
- Driver’s license (with no more than 3 points)
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.