Bennington College (www.bennington.edu), a renowned liberal arts college, is seeking a part-time Office Assistant to support the Office of the Provost. This part-time position will be 30 hours/week during the academic terms and 12 hours/week during non-academic terms.
Bennington College is a small residential liberal arts college in southern Vermont, long distinguished for its progressive approach to higher education. Founded in 1932, this campus celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Here are a few (of the many) nice things about working for them:
- A robust benefit package to its eligible employees, including health, dental, and vision care, life insurance and long-term disability coverage, retirement savings programs, generous time off benefits, the opportunity to take classes at the College, and a tuition exchange program for college-bound dependents
- A culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion on all fronts
- A campus that features world-renowned architecture, nestled on 440 acres that offer a stunning work environment – consistently named one of the most beautiful campuses in the country
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Faculty Affairs, this individual supports multiple aspects of faculty affairs and will also step in to assist the Provost when needed. The right candidate will ideally have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ related administrative experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting senior level manager in team-oriented setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Sound judgement in managing confidential information and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects independently with meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and competing work/deadlines – while producing high quality and highly accurate work.
- Advanced computer proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets/Forms) and Excel; familiarity with HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now), content management systems, and applicant tracking systems preferred.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
The position requires successful completion and acceptable results of a background check.
Bennington serves a diverse student population inclusive of members of ethnically/racially minoritized, international, LGBTQIA+, and disability communities as well as diverse gender identities, socioeconomic backgrounds, religions, and political beliefs. Our staff and faculty also reflect diverse and intersecting backgrounds and identities. All employees are expected to be respectful and responsive to these differences in the service of building community that promotes student and employee success. Each individual (faculty, staff and students) will be accountable for upholding these values. The College’s approach to pluralism and inclusivity—both as fields of inquiry and practice—is to prioritize flexible thought, and to invite the examination of access, value, power, and privilege through its institutional policies and areas of study. We encourage applicants from diverse realms of interest, backgrounds, experience, and accomplishment to apply.
In the interest of the health and safety of the campus community, Bennington College requires all community members to be COVID vaccinated.