Spherion is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to support a Sales and Operations team in Essex! The person in this position will play a primary role in ensuring that all office administrative functions are coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity within the company. Candidate must be able to coordinate multiple tasks at once, be extremely organized, communicate effectively and work in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the wedding and special event industry.
- Coordinate and manage all sub-rental orders and contracts with vendors and sales team
- Organize and maintain rental contracts, invoices, payments and credit cards
- Coordinate reports with Operations office. Send instructions and flags to clients for pre-marking event locations.
- Coordinate and manage procedures for missing and damaged rental items from an event
- Produce weekly chart for billing and contracts. Send final invoices to clients.
- Coordinate all orders that are picked up and returned by clients
- Make updates to event rental software
- Design, build and order storage racks for inventory from appropriate vendors
- Greet visitors and clients in company showroom
- Maintain office supplies
- Maintain office files, accounts receivable, accounts payable, rental contracts, and tax forms
- Produce sample linen books for sales team
- Produce labels for all departments including UPS shipments
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain showroom lounge area
- High school diploma required
- 2-3 years of clerical or office experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Peachtree Accounting
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Data entry experience
We're here to help job seekers to build meaningful careers in workplaces that value them and treat them fairly. We're also here to help employers elevate their workplaces to not only comply with standards around equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), but also become models for the modern workplace.
We know there is always more work to do when it comes to EDI, and we're investing time and resources to ensure that EDI best practices are woven into our policies and mindsets.
-We've established an EDI council that includes our candidates, clients, local office employees, owners, and corporate team members. The council reflects the diversity we wish to achieve at Spherion.
-We regularly meet with local community partners on tough issues to further understand all perspectives and what role Spherion can play in resolving issues or moving discussions forward.
-We treat all candidates fairly and frequently check CUES diversity surveys and reputation.com to see where there’s room for improvement.