Invest your talents in supporting life-long connections to Vermont’s farms, forests, and natural areas!
For the full job description, please visit vlt.org/employment.
As part of VLT’s legal team, you’ll operate at the center of exceptional services to our communities, landowners, and donors. Our ideal candidate is a legal support professional who can:
- Work collaboratively & independently, with keen attention to detail
- Juggle multiple tasks, change speeds, & communicate within and across teams
- Support VLT’s Staff Attorney by managing legal transactions in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization
Total Compensation: Starting salary of $52,200 + 6 weeks annual CTO + generous cafeteria plan of benefits equivalent to $22,700/year to cover medical and dental insurance, Health Savings Plan, and 403b retirement plan with match.
The Vermont Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We honor and invite people of all backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
Here are some of the ways we have devoted ourselves to learning and partnership at all levels of the organization:
• Staff have been hosting virtual gatherings monthly to learn about and discuss injustice on the land.
• We are providing financial and technical support to help under-represented people purchase or lease land.
• With the Abenaki tribes in Vermont, we are creating policies that clarify access, gathering, and cultural practices on conserved lands.
• Our next three-year strategic plan (in development now) identifies racial injustice as an external factor that is influencing VLT and calling us to act.
• Our Board of Directors, with the support of an external consultant, has engaged in a six-month process to explore diversity, equity, and inclusion with the goal of diversifying our Board.