Packaging Line Operators are responsible for packaging all products in a safe and high-quality manner as directed by the Packaging Manager and the Chief Operating Officer. This position is additionally responsible for the daily operation, cleaning and sanitizing of packaging equipment, including can filler, keg washer/filler and ancillary packaging equipment.
• Ensure completion of daily packaging tasks including operation and maintenance of equipment;
• Maintain a high level of output for a 40-hour weekly schedule, depending on production needs, overtime will be required at times;
• Load raw materials and process aids across production stages;
• Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work area;
• Prepare hoses, fittings, and clamps as required for production and cleaning operations;
• Perform production operations, CIP’s, and sanitation practices according to SOP’s set forth by the company;
• Perform basic maintenance tasks on pumps, valves, tanks, and process equipment;
• Ensure accurate and efficient completion of daily warehouse operations;
• Store and organize finished goods as they are completed on the packaging line, maintaining safety & accessibility;
• Prepare shipments of finished goods, maintaining proper stock rotation;
• Load and unload trucks as needed and ensure correct quantities are shipped & received;
• Keep diligent record of shipments and deliveries, including providing necessary communication to the operations team;
• Embrace a process of and opportunities for continual improvement;
• Willingness to fill in other job duties as necessary and perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience operating a forklift, including loading and unloading trucks a plus;
• High School diploma or GED (4 year college degree a plus);
• Ability to work a rotating weekly schedule between two shifts as needed;
• Additional consideration given to candidates with advanced brewing/food science/lab science education;
• Basic computer skills;
• A basic understanding of laboratory techniques (seam check, DO meter, etc);
• Proficiency in time management, multi-tasking and detail oriented;
• Ability to work as a member of a team while maintaining a positive, helpful attitude
Working Environment/Physical Demands
This job is conducted in a manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes and at times the work areas may be wet where personal protection needs to be worn. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools and controls; to reach with hands and arms; to stand, walk sit stoop or crouch; to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and work in tight spaces at times. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Production staff often stand in one place for most of their shift and do repetitive motions. At times the production environment has noise levels which are usually moderate to loud and warehouse temperature fluctuates according to the weather.
Reports To: Packaging Manager
Direct Reports: None
Job Type: FT, Non-Exempt
Work Location: Pine Street/Bartlett Bay
Schedule: 40 hours a week, M-F, 1st and 2nd shifts as needed
We are seeking engaged, creative, and eager individuals for the open positions below, and always look forward to adding some fresh faces to our team!
We are committed to fostering a safe and comfortable work environment that encourages open communication, collaboration, understanding, creativity, and support. Our collective work as a team is not only to do our jobs, but to ensure that our work environment and culture is inclusive and encouraging of all people and that each team member is appreciated and valued for their contributions.
Zero Gravity is invested in building a staff that accurately represents the places in which we work in and sell beer. We actively seek and encourage applicants from underrepresented communities, so that our staff may reflect the gender, racial, and cultural diversity of the world around us.