Position Title: Operations Manager
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Reports to: CEO-CVO
Pay Range: $85,000 to $100,000
Design, build, continually improve and manage all operational structures of Myti to support the team in creating a Community-Driven Online Shopping Platform and Community-Driven fulfillment system. Find sources of friction and remove them so the team community can thrive. When in doubt, be driven by Myti’s vision, mission, and core values.
Myti currently operates with a very flat organizational structure. The Operations Manager will be part of the leadership team and work closely with all team members. Operations for Myti covers a very broad area of the business and so will your focus as the Operations Manager. Your primary responsibilities will include management within the People/Team, Community (Shopkeepers and Buyers), IT and Finance operations, as well as touching on all the other areas of the business, including Product, Logistics, and Marketing.
The Challenges you will be working on:
Oversee and manage Myti’s operational activities; regardless of functional area, you will be responsible for:
- Processes: Implement and maintain the processes that Myti uses/needs to use, including software and other IT programs.
- People: People and Culture is a big part of Myti’s operations. As the Operations Manager, you will be working very closely on our core needs related to people operations, such as building programs and tools to ensure compliance, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reporting: Responsible for reporting on how the business is functioning and whether the implemented processes and policies are working or need changes.
Specific Asks of You:
- Provide inspired leadership to the Myti team in line with our core values and vision.
- Analyze, make recommendations and improve organizational processes related to meeting the Myti quarterly and annual goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for Myti and prepare and implement related improvement plans.
- Remain current and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that required documents are filed timely.
- Design and implement compensation and benefits programs to support the team.
- Mentor and support junior team members, including but not limited to teaching project management, managing bandwidth and prioritization, and conducting performance reviews.
- Follow the core values to maintain a culture of transparency, collaboration, and autonomy.
- Be ready to support team members with their projects.
- Seek and train yourself and the team on more effective ways to communicate, have difficult conversations and reduce conflict.
- Review and understand product and team goals and lead initiatives to find passionate people to join Myti.
- Gather information and seek to understand what would inspire and support people, then supply those things.
- Develop storytelling skills to communicate the Myti vision, mission, and core values to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with other leadership team members to develop annual and quarterly roadmaps and strategic goals.
- Develop budgets, operational manuals, and procedures in alignment with the Myti vision and core values.
- Work with Product and Care Teams to ensure core values are embodied.
- Work with buyers and shopkeepers to ensure they are so inspired and excited by their Myti experience that they become part of the Myti Outreach Club.
- Lean into the Myti core values to establish relationships with teammates, outside partners, buyers, shopkeepers, and community partners.
- Engage with the Founder to convert strategic ideas into tactical projects.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Proven managerial skills and interpersonal savvy.
- Proven ability not only in how to manage a task list, but also the ability to manage a program and function
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing – internally and externally, across all levels of an organization
- Ability to apply knowledge of the business and marketplace to advance Myti’s vision, mission and goals.
- Ability to internalize the Myti core values and apply them.
- Good judge of talent to attract and select the staff needed to achieve current and future needs.
- Initiative to introduce new, useful, and innovative ideas and successfully put them into place.
- Ability to align objectives with organizational goals and effectively prioritize and adjust them as needed.
- Core-values-based decision-making skills in response to high-pressure situations.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and requirements that may impact the workplace.
- Very competent with the use of Office 365 suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.
- Good judgement making skills, including knowing when to ask for help, when to delegate tasks, when to escalate a concern.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods.
- Comfortable being outside in all sorts of weather for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Able to sit through video conferences with remote teammates.
- Able to negotiate streets, sidewalks, and most retail and commercial business environments.
- Able to work with computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Able to safely lift and carry items up to 15 pounds.
- A valid driver’s license is required. Incumbent must be able to operate a motor vehicle as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field and five years of experience as a project or operations manager. Start-up experience preferred. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results in a fast-moving and demanding environment.
Gallagher, Flynn, & Company, LLP has been retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Anna Gilcris, Strategic HR Business Advisor, at email@example.com. While we appreciate all interest in this exciting opportunity, only candidates most closely aligned with our search will be contacted.
Disclaimer: What is listed above is representative of the position’s responsibilities but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion. Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP, and our client do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
We see a world with vibrant intra-connected and interconnected communities that support all the people's dynamic cultural, social, financial, and environmental needs. A world where everyone knows, belongs in, and loves their community.
Myti Core Values:
We pause to evaluate the impact of our actions and words on people, cultures, and the natural environment.
We have a contagious force deep within us that motivates us to be self-driven and authentic and push through discomfort.
We are constantly questioning, learning, and embracing the unknown. Vulnerability, patience, and team support allow us to explore outside our comfort zone.
Every person is a mix of experiences, family history, and culture. We strive to leave every being feeling understood through active listening and gentle yet firm communication.
Joy comes from humans trusting and accepting all parts of each other. We can create something greater than ourselves by weaving together our combined strengths and weaknesses.
We have many remarkable and subtle opportunities. We are responsible for protecting and thoughtfully managing these as resources for future generations.