The Nature Conservancy in Vermont is seeking a capable individual who will be responsible for performing multiple business functions related to TNC in Vermont’s mission, managing the Montpelier Office and performing multiple administrative functions within the Vermont Chapter. They maintain all office systems and equipment, work with the landlord and utility vendors to ensure the office is running effectively, manage vehicle maintenance and use, create and communicate policies and procedures, and are responsible for reception and mail distribution. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing accounts payable by working with various staff to ensure invoices are paid efficiently, and works with staff and vendors to troubleshoot accounting problems and create reports. They are responsible for overseeing the youth safety program for the Chapter by ensuring compliance, tracking, and assisting staff with safety plans. The Operations Coordinator supports specific administrative functions in other offices in Vermont and assists with events/meeting logistics as needed. They will work cooperatively with Conservancy staff, providing information necessary to make decisions and solve problems.
Qualities We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-year experience or five or more years of work experience in a related field.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Experience providing administrative support.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Experience with Windows and MS Office software.
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving to reach resolutions, including challenges with computer hardware, software, and office equipment
- Must have valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about organization, details, efficiency, and customer service, as well as conserving and protecting land and water, please find a more detailed job description at www.nature.org/careers. Search for position number 51436 to submit your resume and cover letter. Online applications only. This position is based in Montpelier, Vermont. Applications are due May 27, 2022.
Please visit https://www.nature.org/en-us/about-us/who-we-are/diversity-and-inclusion/ to learn more about our work in diversity, equity, and belonging.