Hula is a curated creative tech campus in Burlington’s South End situated on the shore of Lake Champlain. The Hula campus is an idyllic setting for scaling businesses to recruit top talent, maximize productivity, access necessary growth capital, and foster a healthy and active company culture. The Hula team is expanding and is searching for a motivated, entrepreneurial individual to fill the role of Community Associate. This individual will assist in day-to-day operations and community management. This role is highly dynamic and requires strong verbal and written interpersonal skills.
As a Community Associate, you will be the primary point of contact for our diverse community of coworking members and tenants. You will report to the Hula campus each day to support the Operations team to achieve the following:
- Build a welcoming and collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and building relationships between members.
- Ensure the Hula campus is fully operational and processes are running efficiently.
- Take direction from the Community Manager to support the community as necessary.
Front Desk Management
- Cover the front desk during the building’s set business hours and be an on-site point of contact, easily located within Hula Building 50 at the front desk
- Greet members and guests with a warm and welcoming demeanor
- Ensure all visiting guests sign-in and are in accordance with Hula’s guest policy
- Learn the names of members and guests with the goal of building relationships in order to facilitate the sense of community Hula is known for
- Anticipate member and guest needs before they arise using relevant information collected about members to enhance and personalize their experience
- Ensure building specific forms are up to date including pet forms, filming requests, bike room requests, conference space requests, etc.
- Keep the front desk clean and organized
- Notify members of any food deliveries and couriers
- Answer any questions from members and guests related to the building including way-finding, policies and procedures, community etiquette, etc.
- Manage building operations to ensure highest level of member satisfaction including oversight of cleaning staff, sustainability goals, stocking of consumables.
Events + Membership Engagement
- Provide feedback on programming types (based on member makeup) and evaluate events based on attendance, satisfaction, and impact on the appropriate event team
- Consistently celebrate members’ successes and milestones through gifts and notes
- Distribute all necessary info to promote events on the Hula campus. This includes creation and posting of weekly events posters and individual event posters
- Ensure building-specific operational requirements are met for each event (lighting, HVAC, furniture placement, etc.)
- Input notes into Nexudus (tenant management system) about members
- Identify and execute opportunities to connect members with each other
- Know and recommend local restaurants, food delivery services, catering options, team outing venues, post office, shipping center, supply store, etc.
- Be active on the Hula community network to engage members
- Know and explain Hula policies and procedures and communicate, inform, and update members on building issues
- Ensure music levels and lighting are appropriate to the day part and occasion
- Assist in the set-up and execution of private events, welcome guests, and ensure all client specifications are met
Building Operations + Management
- Write and send broadcasts relating to building updates, on-site events, construction, etc.
- Receive, process, sort, and organize all mail
- Follow mailroom protocol outlined by the Community Lead
- Track, audit, and organize digital keys collected and distributed
- Update digital keys and key cards upon move-out
- Review location and how to use each piece of Emergency Equipment
- Provide support for an automated coffee machine for guests and members
- Provide support for Hula’s bikeshare program
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- College graduate, four-year degree preferred
- Customer service and/or sales experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, multitasking, & problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and compassion
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding of Hula’s mission and values
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Tech savvy – not afraid to troubleshoot AV, lighting controls, Wi-Fi, etc.
Hula is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Hula, we understand that hiring practices often further marginalize people of color, people with disabilities, women, LGBTQ+, and others. Because we believe these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage people with these identities or those who are members of other marginalized communities to apply.
At Hula, we are committed to fostering an ecosystem where all feel welcome; an open-minded space where we can grow and learn as individuals and as a community.