Responsible for managing a portfolio of customer accounts and ensuring customer satisfaction, while also identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase sales revenue. The focus will be on meeting sales targets and growth through effective sales strategies, tactics, and customer relationship management.
RESULTS YOU’LL BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER:
- Consistently and proactively communicate with customers to understand needs, manage requests, and provide resolution for current customers and current projects.
- Establish relationships with key buying influencers at multiple levels including senior leaders and management.
- Manage, educate, motivate, and monitor the broker relationships, conveying all product and assortment objectives, and key product attributes.
- Manage account information and sales data in legacy systems. Keep accurate records of customer interactions, sales data, and account information to track performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Report and present updates and results regularly to Director and cross-functional teams.
- Understand customer dynamics to develop customer and growth strategies with the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Effectively executes sales presentations and product demonstrations to build opportunities with existing and potential customers.
- Work with the Senior Demand Planning Analyst and Commercial Manager to develop effective presentations that outline current market conditions, market trends, customer needs, and our competitive advantages.
- Utilize syndicated data to identify sales opportunities and stay current with competitive and innovative developments in the marketplace.
- Communicate solutions and feedback to sales and marketing leadership to provide the best products for category success.
- Assist with qualifying new business opportunities alongside Sales and cross-functional leadership.
- Attend trade shows and industry events to network with potential customers and promote products.
- Follow all sales and interdepartmental processes and guidelines.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience managing a broad portfolio of accounts with a collaborative mindset and strong business fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to work well collaboratively with others and add value to a team concept.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), and people skills.
- Business analysis experience preferred.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- High degree of computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel away domestically on an average of 25-30% of the time.
- Ability to travel as needed for customer visits, industry events/conferences, etc.
- Physical ability to perform all essential job functions, including prolonged standing, mixing, moving product manually, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to do the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Rhino Foods has a long standing commitment to DEIB and is working to become an anti-racist company. The begins with our employee principle "We establish relationships with our employees and their families founded on a climate of mutual trust and respect within and environment for listening and personal expression. We provide a vehicle for our people to develop and achieve their personal and professional aspirations."
Rhino Foods is committed to an inclusive hiring model and its belief in human potential. Rhino has worked to remove barriers to entry including background checks.