Stowe Area Association (SAA) is the official Destination Marketing Organization for the mountain resort community of Stowe, Vermont. The association’s mission is to market and sell Stowe. The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the development and execution of the SAA marketing programs. The position reports to the Executive Director.
This position is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally and make connections working on a variety of projects throughout the annual marketing cycle. There are other perks, including excursions with various activity activities and attractions and other immersion experiences to learn about area businesses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Create, Execute and Evaluate Annual Marketing Plan
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a strategic marketing plan based on market research that advances the GoStowe brand and goals.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate annual marketing objectives and activities.
- Establish metrics and collect data to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and return on investment. Adjust plans as necessary.
- Create and oversee the marketing budget, and provide appropriate analytical feedback reports on a regular basis.
- Manage the GoStowe brand and creative strategy, ensuring alignment with the strategic plan.
- Identify target markets to best leverage the Stowe brand.
- Develop an integrated marketing and media plan designed to increase the exposure of the Stowe, Vermont brand in the most resource-efficient way.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the annual plan and adjust strategic marketing initiatives to meet organizational goals.
- Plan and oversee all advertising and promotional activities to achieve consistent messaging and brand.
- Plan and execute all marketing efforts including but not limited to planning, developing, and managing web content, print, and online ad campaigns and collateral.
- Collaboration with all departments to coordinate messaging to constituencies.
- Manage vendors responsible for graphic design, web maintenance and online marketing activities. When necessary, research, hire, and manage consultants or freelance talent, including but not limited to copywriters, photographers, videographers, media buyers, and/or strategic marketing professionals.
- Develop partnership programs and promotions.
- Develop and foster positive, strong working relationships with SAA members.
- Attend and help lead monthly marketing, retail, and restaurant meetings for members.
- Attend and report at seasonal and annual membership meetings
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative partnerships with the Town of Stowe, the State of Vermont, community groups, and other organizations to help achieve the goals.
Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Required
- Minimum 5-7 years of marketing, communications, or PR experience. Must have experience leading communications and brand strategy. Advertising, creative, and photography experience are a plus.
- Working understanding of consumer segmentation, behavior, and trends, preferably in tourism or related industries.
- Strong communication, management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to communicate a vision and drive results.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel), social media in a business setting, analytics tools, website content management (i.e. WordPress), and photography. Experience with design programs such as Adobe Indesign and Canva is a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to create a positive impression of Go Stowe while responding to members either by telephone, email, or in-person.
- Normal business hours, with occasional early morning, evening, and weekend hours.
Joy Type: Full-time
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Stowe, VT 05672
Annual starting base salary: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
Benefits: Health care contribution up to $375/month ($4,500/year), 5% commission on new membership sign-ups; 22 days of paid time off; and reimbursements for qualified expenses. There are other perks, including excursions with various activities and attractions and other immersion experiences to learn about area businesses.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com stating your experience, how it correlates to the responsibilities and requirements of the role, and why you are interested in this position.
SAA is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Stowe Area Association is committed to the diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility of all individuals. SAA strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive travel destination and place to live regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial background, or ability. We acknowledge there is still much work to do, and we at SAA are committed to leading these conversations, along with the Town of Stowe, to continue being a place where individuals can live freely and express their opinion and experience fair and equal treatment of everyone in our community.