POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Design Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time, Non-Exempt
UNIT ORGANIZATION: Marketing Department
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 – $50,000
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Marketing & Design Coordinator is a visual storyteller who manages graphic design for all organizational needs and develops and shares digital content across United Way’s social media channels. This role will collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to implement and refine an integrated strategic marketing plan aimed at increasing United Way’s impact in the communities we serve.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
General Marketing & Communications Support:
Guided by the organization’s integrated marketing plan, the Marketing and Design Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to execute United Way’s marketing and communication strategy.
• This individual will lead the effort to ensure consistency across all visual elements of the brand across print and digital mediums.
• In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, update and implement United Way’s editorial calendar.
• Design compelling marketing materials including print and digital ads, graphics for web and social media, promotional flyers and invitations, impact reports, and more.
• Maintain United Way’s brand integrity and strengthen visual brand recognition to increase audience engagement.
• Translate strategic direction into high-quality, brand-appropriate design.
• Partner closely with other departments to develop design elements and build a consistent brand experience across multiple marketing touchpoints and audiences.
• Support website design content, aesthetic, and ongoing updates.
• In collaboration with the Director of Marketing & Communications, create and maintain an organizational system for archiving designs, photography and video.
• Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content on a regular basis across United Way’s social media channels. (Persuasive and compelling copy paired with high-quality visuals that are brand consistent and drive user action).
• Optimize and tailor content for each social media channel (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) to increase followers and engagement.
• Create and implement social media ad campaigns to drive action aligned with the organization’s strategic marketing plan.
• Utilize social media marketing tools for monitoring and reporting purposes.
• Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
• Research and keep up to date on new technology platforms that can assist in reporting and scheduling.
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants should have 2+ years’ experience working in a range of the following: graphic design, marketing, digital marketing, social media, or communications. Education, internships and volunteer work will be considered in lieu of professional paid experience.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and other design platforms for print, digital, and web development.
• High level of proficiency with digital and social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Strong visual storytelling skills and a desire to collaborate in creating strategy to reach diverse audiences with compelling content.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented with strong time and project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Photography, photo direction, or videography experience a plus.
OUR APPROACH TO INCLUSION & EQUITY
United Way of Northwest Vermont is committed to building an inclusive culture—in our workplace and the community at large—that celebrates the diverse voices of our employees, volunteers, donors, community partners and the individuals and families we serve. We actively make space for ongoing learning, cultural humility and challenging the systems of discrimination, disadvantage and stigma that work against our community members’ well-being.
By valuing all community members and acknowledging the intersectionality of age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, citizenship, culture and/or perspective, we strive to create and preserve a universally accessible space to improve our community outcomes.
Through these and other efforts, we can do our best work to enhance the quality of life for all of our neighbors.