VEIC is a sustainable energy company on a mission to generate the energy solutions the world needs. For more than 30 years, VEIC has worked with governments, utilities, foundations, and businesses across North America to design and deploy clean-energy services spanning energy efficiency, building decarbonization, transportation electrification, and a clean and flexible grid.
VEIC administers three large-scale energy efficiency and decarbonization programs and provides full-service consulting and engineering services. VEIC is nationally recognized for originating pilots and programs that optimize energy use, reduce energy burdens for low-income customers, and advance emerging technologies and innovative program models.
The Managing Analyst is a technically savvy, highly collaborative individual contibutor that provides to the business and performs research, analysis, and technically oriented project coordination to contribute to the successful execution of consulting and engineering projects delivering energy solutions to clients across the country.
As a key member of the Energy Services consulting team the Managing Analyst will contribute to report writing, compilation and interpretation of data, and support project-related presentation development. Additionally, the Managing Analyst will work with a team of analysts, including providing quality control oversight of technical work, interpretation and visualization of data, and advise on analytical software. This position may support other VEIC initiatives as needed.
The Managing Analyst enjoys engaging work within a non-profit, forward-thinking, energy consulting business and is available to work completely remotely (depending on needs/location) or hybrid with VEIC having physical offices in Winooski, Vermont, D.C. Qualified candidates in the state of Illinois are preferred.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Establishes and oversees divisions’ approach to data analytics, methods, and tools, providing expert support and management to division and analytic staff.
- Develops, reviews, and incorporates new analytic methods into division approach as necessary.
- Develops and oversees QA/QC protocols.
- Leads highly complex analytic assignments, including oversight of analyst teams on projects, ensuring robust quantitative and qualitative methods are consistently applied.
- Provides onboarding and training for new analytic staff.
- Formats and presents data and analytic results for project deliverables for external clients.
- Supports or may serve as content lead in the development of complex deliverables, approaches, and methods; may serve as technical lead on high profile and highly technical, complex projects.
- Provides expert support and management to division on analytic methods and tools.
- Mentors and trains staff on analytic tools and techniques.
- Participates in business development activities through contributing to proposal strategy, particularly on technical aspects of projects and proposals.
- Coordinates with other staff, groups, and divisions within VEIC as is necessary to ensure a consistent approach to analytic activities.
- Supports the coordination of activities with other staff, groups, and divisions within VEIC as necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Minimum of eight (8) years overall energy industry or analytical research experience required.
- Experience leading teams and/or mentoring staff.
- Undergraduate degree or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- At least eight years of experience with energy efficiency, transportation and/or building complex electrification analysis, or a combination of experience from which comparable skills were acquired.
- Expert research and analytical skills, including expert facility with quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques, as well as data visualization.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you'll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.