The Upper Valley Haven provides temporary shelter, supportive housing, food, and problem solving to those in need. We are a hardworking, vibrant, and agile team that navigates a complex environment of service within a culture of cooperation. We seek connection and resolve to stand together during challenges and acknowledge each other’s value. We validate feelings, honor differences, and celebrate victories. We strive to support the well-being and the personal and professional growth of our team members.
At the Haven, we invest in our team by providing outstanding benefits, cultivating a culture focused on their well-being and personal and professional growth, and offering opportunities to be involved in shaping the organization.
With donor contributions of more than $3 million annually, the Haven is a dynamic organization that inspires its employees, volunteers and the entire Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire to accomplish great work for individuals and families in need of our support. We are looking for candidates who are excited to work for an exceptional organization that serves the most vulnerable members of our community, those experiencing economic, food and/or housing insecurity.
We are actively recruiting a Major Gifts Officer to join our development team of four. This position is responsible for the functions that are crucial to the operations of the Haven. Our Major Gifts Officer works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Development & Communications, and other staff to set and reach the organization’s fundraising goals, while implementing the Haven’s major donor giving program. This individual will function as an additional ambassador for the organization who attends functions and can act as a spokesperson managing community relationships that are fundraising-focused.
Our benefits package includes employer-paid contribution up to 100% of healthcare premiums (Medical, Dental, Vision), paid holidays, generous paid time off, life insurance, and a matching 403(b) retirement plan. We invest in the growth and development of our staff with a role-based, funded learning and development plan. Staff are encouraged to participate in staff-led committees to identify and advance organizational initiatives. We are a dog-friendly workplace.
This is a full- or part-time opportunity with a flexible hybrid work schedule. The salary range is $57,500 to $70,000 depending on education, experience and pro-rated based on schedule.
- Develop and implement a multi-channel approach to major giving, including but not limited to in-person, mailed, electronic, and crowdfunded solicitations
- Devise fundraising strategies, programs, and activities to increase the Haven’s resources and number of donors, while having a keen focus on retaining existing donors
- Serve as a Haven ambassador, nurturing donor, and community relationships
- Assist with special events, stewardship, and community education activities as needed
- Assist the Director of Development with the qualification of major donor prospects
- Assist the Director of Development in the preparation of materials to engage the board in major giving
- Actively engage with the Board of Directors Development Committee to support the goals of major gift development
Critical to the success of this position are:
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with attention to detail
- A keen eye for detail, accuracy, and confidentiality
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and to adjust workload during peak periods
- Ability to be flexible and cooperative in a collaborative, fast paced, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment
- A practical problem solver
- A team player with a sense of humor
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of development experience with two or more years of successful fundraising focused on major gift “making the ask”; 3-5 years’ experience with Raisers’ Edge donor database, web, and NXT, including data entry, retrievals, and reports. or other similar donor databases; and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and its applications.
The Upper Valley Haven is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace environment that is welcoming and safe for all. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.