AFFORDABLE HOUSING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Help Address Vermont’s Housing Crisis!
Downstreet Housing and Community Development is a private, mission-driven, not-for-profit organization dedicated to delivering social justice through the power of housing. We pride ourselves on connecting people to the resources they need to thrive and creating equitable opportunities for everyone in Central Vermont to access safe, healthy homes. Through our work, we strengthen the health and future of our local communities.
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team!
Downstreet is seeking a team-oriented and dependable person with strong maintenance skills to help maintain our affordable housing portfolio.
- Perform repairs and maintenance as directed. Repairs include minor plumbing, basic carpentry, appliance troubleshooting and hardware replacement, minor electrical work, grounds keeping, exterior/interior painting, winterization of buildings and window replacement, operating machinery, janitorial, trash and debris removal, snow shoveling, etc. Individual may be required to oversee the service of contractor-related services.
- Ensure that apartment turnovers are completed in a quality manner in accordance with the standards of the organization, while adhering to Lead Paint Essential Maintenance Procedures.
- Analyze and resolve work problems and assist other maintenance technicians in repair or maintenance work.
- Completes work orders indicating materials used and cost, labor, and tenant charges.
- Respond to emergency calls during required on-call rotation with other maintenance staff.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with residents.
- Work independently and as part of the Property Management team to carry out job duties.
- Participate in team and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Two years of related maintenance experience or an equivalent combination of education, employment, and life experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, basic blueprints, and procedural manuals
- Ability to learn relevant property management and other Downstreet software
- Ability to independently manage priorities and deadlines and ability to manage confidential information
- Strong customer service skills and problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to equity and inclusion and social and economic justice
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License, personal vehicle, and ability to travel between housing sites
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Downstreet is strongest when we have a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or Veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19/hour plus $3,120 annual on-call stipend and mileage reimbursement paid monthly.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including 403B match, health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, life insurance, short-term disability.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume by visiting this link.
We recognize that we have an important role to play in helping to dismantle racism and promote equity, diversity, and inclusion for all through education, understanding, and action within our organization and throughout the communities we serve. We welcome this opportunity and embrace the challenges and benefits it presents.
Our Race, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (REDI) Awareness & Action Initiative formally facilitates awareness and action at Downstreet that advances equity and centers the needs and experiences of those living in Downstreet’s housing and participating in Downstreet’s programs. This work involves hearts and minds as well as policies and procedures, with outcomes that impact all areas and operations of our organization along with the communities we serve. With the help of an outside facilitator we have developed a framework to guide this work into the future.