Deep Analytics LLC (DA) is on a mission to make sensors smart. We are an R&D start up that specializes in machine learning (ML), sensor development, and rapid prototyping to solve the US Government’s hardest problems. Due to recent project wins in the DoD, DHS, and DoI space, we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team and help us build ML solutions.
We are specifically looking for people with experience in taking ML techniques described in the literature or on Github and applying those techniques to build custom ML solutions for our customers. Every day is different at DA, but below are some things you can expect to work on:
– Developing test plans and collecting field data from sensors
– Building datasets for training ML algorithms
– Performing data analysis in a Linux environment
– Training ML algorithms, e.g., CNNs, GANs using real-world data
– Training ML algorithms using TensorFlow and PyTorch
– Exporting and optimizing ML models for inference on embedded platforms
– Developing custom signal / image processing schemes to process sensor data
– Executing technical work collaboratively in an R&D environment
– Linux user (mandatory – all our systems from ML to embedded use Linux)
– Capable Python scripter (though you can use the language you prefer, our current workflows use Python)
– The nature of our small business requires everyone on the team to wear lots of different hats. Successful hires will perform solid technical work, have a passion for learning, and have an interest or demonstrated experience in writing proposals.
– Candidates must be self-starting problem solvers, and will be expected to design, implement, and test algorithms with limited guidance under deadline.
– Due to the nature of DA’s projects, U.S. Citizenship is required
Nice to Haves
– Prior experience working on U.S. Government projects (e.g., DoD, DHS, DoE, etc.)
– Ability to obtain Security clearance
Why work for us?
– Benefits: Holidays, PTO, Education Stipend
– Be part of a small and agile team at the cutting edge able to make decisions quickly and adapt
– Freedom to provide direction to projects and company initiatives.
– Nationally competitive salary based on market and experience
Interested applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter summarizing projects completed by the applicant that are relevant to this job posting.
Truthfully, Deep Analytics is in its early stages of purposeful DEI efforts. We're a small team (6) and would like to foster a culture of inclusivity as we grow.
One of the ways we hope to improve on this is through the support of organizations like the VT Professionals of Color network.
We welcome and encourage all to apply.