The President and CEO leads a thriving, 132-year-old integrated services agency serving children and families throughout Vermont. The President and CEO acts as a dynamic leader to chart a course of empathy, excellence, equity and innovation for a team of 140 staff in service of Lund’s clients and our community.
Major areas of focus and specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Strategy and Vision
- Lead and direct ongoing strategic planning in consultation with the Board of Trustees and put that strategy into action. Lead evaluation of the agency’s programs and services on an ongoing basis in accordance with the mission and strategic plan.
- Recognize and differentiate the areas where Lund can uniquely serve our clients and community and where Lund should partner to achieve shared goals.
- Directly supervise agency leadership team. Effectively delegate, support, advise, and encourage growth in direct reports.
- Communicate Lund’s purpose, direction, and values in words and deeds, setting a tone for all staff and stakeholders that fosters a culture of excellence and empathy.
- Be visible and available to staff, clients, and other stakeholders. Use their input to improve and innovate.
- Ensure delivery of high quality, evidence-based services.
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations of all required/relevant regulatory agencies and governing bodies.
- Assure meaningful evaluations are in place to monitor service delivery and outcomes; use evaluation data in continuous improvement.
- Oversee financial management of the agency to ensure short- and long-term financial viability.
- Plan and oversee development of the agency’s annual budget. Monitor financial performance in comparison to the budget.
- Actively pursue and maintain local, state, and federal funding opportunities.
- Set annual fundraising goals.
- Participate in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of institutional support, foundations, corporations, and major donors.
- Oversee development efforts that effectively steward and grow existing relationships and that engage new supporters at all levels.
Community Engagement, Government, and Media Relations
- Share Lund’s story with the community, building interest and engagement with Lund’s work.
- Build Lund’s network of partner organizations, finding innovative ways to collaborate in the interest of our clients and community
- Effectively represent the interest of Lund’s clients to elected and appointed officials and community leaders.
Board of Trustees
- Provide support to the Board of Trustees and its committees through ongoing communication.
- The position of President and CEO requires considerable organizational, communication, and time management skills. The nature of the agency’s client base and its other constituencies and its mission require a commitment, time and otherwise, beyond a traditional job setting.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Lund’s next President and CEO will be first and foremost a person of integrity. In addition, the President and CEO must be collaborative, an articulate communicator, and visionary and innovative.
- Additionally, the President and CEO must demonstrate:
- Proven leadership of high-functioning teams
- Success managing organization or department budgets of a similar size and/or complexity
- Success raising funds from donors, foundations, grants, private equity, or other means
- Effectiveness as an advocate, skilled in government relations and public affairs
- Demonstrated Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working in direct service in a relevant field, such as social services, education, or health care
- An advanced degree, such as (but not limited to) MSW, MPH, MPA, MBA
- Experience in senior or executive leadership of an organization
- Well-established relationships with Vermont’s elected officials and other community leaders
- Public speaking given the President and CEO role as spokesperson for the agency.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation required; statewide travel will be required.
Please submit cover letter and resume to apply.
Lund is committed to providing a workplace that ensures staff, clients and visitors feel welcome, respected and positively recognized for the unique attributes that they bring to the Lund community. Lund prioritizes maintaining strong policies that promote the ongoing education and wellbeing of staff and clients. Lund is dedicated to supporting the effective resolution of diversity, equity, and inclusion concerns. Lund’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee guides agency practices and informs Lund Leadership regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion both internally and externally.