The Upper Valley Haven provides temporary shelter, supportive housing, food, and problem solving to those in need. We are a hardworking, vibrant, and agile team that navigates a complex environment of service within a culture of cooperation. We seek connection and resolve to stand together during challenges and acknowledge each other’s value. We validate feelings, honor differences, and celebrate victories. We strive to support the well-being and the personal and professional growth of our team members.
At the Haven, we invest in our team by providing outstanding benefits, cultivating a culture focused on their well-being and personal and professional growth, and offering opportunities to be involved in shaping the organization.
The purpose of position is to increase the number of rental units available to people at-risk of or experiencing homelessness in the Upper Valley Region through relationship building, education about rental subsidies and other federal and state programs, and problem solving to remove barriers to renting to the target populations. This is a new position that will require a self-starter who is willing to be creative, persistent and problem solve. The landlord liaison will play an important role in regional collaboration with housing partners, identify new opportunities for creative housing solutions, and collaborate with Vermont housing incentive programs.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, generous paid time off, life insurance, and a matching 403(b) retirement plan. We invest in the growth and development of our staff with a role-based, funded learning and development plan. Staff are encouraged to participate in staff-led committees to identify and advance organizational initiatives. And, we are a dog-friendly workplace.
This is a half-time (20 hours per week) hybrid position on a flexible schedule. The majority of work will be conducted remotely or at meetings across the Upper Valley. It’s a 3-year grant-funded position with the potential to extend after the grant concludes. The pay rate is $22.00/hour.
Critical to the success of this position are:
- Background in public administration, community services, business administration, or a related field. Experience in marketing, business sales, customer management and other relevant skill areas preferred.
- Understanding of tenant rights and Vermont Legal Aid.
- Experience working with landlords or other housing associations a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative skills and comfort using Microsoft programs.
- Experience networking and building strong relationships.
- Experience and comfort with leading educational sessions.
- Interacts comfortably with people from a wide range of social, economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds.
- A valid driver’s license is required, as well as driving record as specified in the Haven Vehicle Use Policy (2020) or capacity to provide own transportation to meet job requirements.
The Upper Valley Haven is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace environment that is welcoming and safe for all. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.