The IT Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient, secure operation of Champlain Housing Trust’s (CHT) information technology systems and networks, including all related software, hardware, devices and peripherals. The IT Manager performs or oversees all related tasks with a commitment to equity, inclusion, people-centered service, and a focus on building a strong and collaborative team environment. This individual must exhibit a high level of integrity, positive outlook, and a passion for continuous learning related to information security and technology trends, tools and best practices.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervise, train, coach and mentor 2 Help Desk Technicians
- Perform or oversee all network administration tasks with a focus on information security and efficiency
- Perform or oversee all necessary troubleshooting, maintenance and support activities related to technology including but not limited to: computers, monitors, mobile devices, peripherals, firewalls, WAN, LAN, printers, scanners, telephones, and other office technology
- Perform or oversee technical support and assistance related to Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Cloud and other systems used broadly throughout the organization
- Maintain, document, and plan for all technology components and system upgrades including but not limited to the server environment, firewalls, operating systems, telephones, fax service, postage equipment, etc.
- Participate in the creation of the annual IT budget and monitor spending
- Provide company-wide training related to important IT matters including information security and basic training related to the use of CHT technology
- Lead disaster recovery planning related to all IT matters
- At least 5 years experience working in a professional environment demonstrating strong command of Windows 10 and Windows 11 Operating Systems, MS365 (Exchange, Azure AD, Sharepoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.), MS Server 2019, , Citrix, PowerShell, LANs, WANs and VPNs, iOS, and VOIP technology required
- College degree in computer science, networking, IT systems, information security or related certifications preferred
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, problem solving, coaching and mentoring, customer service, organization and planning, and project management skills are required
- A commitment to cultivating an inclusive and equitable environment is required
- Must have demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and utmost confidentiality
- A positive attitude, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic are required
- Must have reliable transportation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Champlain Housing Trust is committed to a diverse workplace and highly encourages women, persons with disabilities, Section 3 residents, and people from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Equity and inclusion are built into CHT's DNA and it shows in our Board composition (1/3 are comprised of our home owners and renters), the types of homes we develop and manage, programs and services, and in the way we treat our staff. Our benefit package is comprehensive and affordable, time off is generous, and the work environment is flexible to meet unique employee needs while providing excellent service to the community.