Innovation Hub Project Manager
The Innovation Hub Project Manager will promote collaboration between Champlain College and the Hula entrepreneurial community. The successful candidate will build relationships with Hula startups to facilitate education programs and upskilling, internships, faculty collaborations, and student projects. The Project Manager will work closely with the college’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and other Champlain Centers of Excellence, the Career Collaborative, and Champlain College Online.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop an innovative partnership between the startup community and higher education – and work at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology, and economic development.
The Innovation Hub Project Manager, reporting to the Champlain College Chief of Staff, will be the opportunity architect between Hula members and Champlain College. This position is ideally suited for a highly-motivated, self-starter with excellent planning, project management, communication, and networking skills who thrives in an entrepreneurial workplace culture. This role is dynamic and broad in scope and requires a willingness to accept a variety of projects and tasks.
Champlain College / Hula Member Services:
- Network and become an integrated, solutions-oriented resource to the Hula community for Champlain College resources, education and people opportunity matching.
- Work with the faculty and Career Collaborative to match individual students or interdisciplinary teams of students to internships or startup projects.
- Encourage and facilitate Hula member information requests about potential education, training, or upskilling opportunities through Champlain College.
- Connect Hula members with Champlain College subject matter experts for future discussions or collaborations.
- Facilitate understanding and access to resources that Champlain College has to offer Hula members, such as the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Emergent Media Center and Leahy Center for Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity.
- Maintain accurate records of partnership and student involvement, involving working in systems of Oracle student employment and Handshake Student Recruitment.
- Manage all employer relations activities in Handshake for Hula members such as company profiles, company assignments, communication with students, etc.
- Work closely with off-campus supervisors and the Financial Aid Assistant Director responsible for federal work-study student employment to create appropriate Hula employment opportunities, manage postings, advise students and employers, and collaborate with the People Center, Office of Financial Aid and Finance.
- Assist in the creation of Champlain College/Hula employer engagement policies and procedures.
- Draft Hula employer evaluation surveys and reports.
- Provide organizational support to Hula members as it relates to job postings, recruiting, hiring processes, and student evaluations.
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff on projects connected to the President’s Office.
- College graduate or graduate student with at least 2 years of marketing or administrative experience.
- Advanced computer skills, including:
- Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Handshake or Oracle HRIS is preferred.
- Self-starter. Eager to build and maintain strong, productive relationships within and among the Hula and Champlain College communities.
- Multi-tasker with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills.
- Outstanding listening, verbal, writing, and editing abilities.
- Effective at prioritizing projects, workflow, and meeting deadlines.
- Possess a strong work ethic – a self-starter able to work independently, collaboratively, and as a team player.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3826346
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.