Perform a variety of HR duties and provide administrative support to Howard Center’s Human Resources Department. This role also serves on the HR Help Desk, ensuring that exceptional customer service and timely and accurate responses are provided.
- Serve as a primary point person for HR Help Desk, ensuring that timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests are provided
- Provide administrative support for the Human Resources department
- Respond to program audit requests for personnel file documents and support program leaders during audits
- Support employees and managers with leaves of absence process, including but not limited to FMLA and unpaid leaves
- Primary HR support for credential tracking and renewal processes
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience working in Human Resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Starting at $24.43 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit “About Us” to review Howard Center’s EOE policy.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Cabinet forms a vital part of the Howard Center’s organizational structure; existing to improve the diversity, equity and inclusion performance of Howard Center through effective governance. Howard Center CEO, Bob Bick, has put forth an inspiring vision: “We are committed to becoming a model culture and community leader around issues of diversity, inclusion, and corporate values and responsibility. We want to ensure a welcoming, inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for our staff, the people we serve, our partners, and community. In doing this, we must face old patterns, and in a respectful and positive way break though barriers and stereotypes, and have courageous conversations that will allow us to grow, expand, and more fully live our values and mission.”