Do you have a passion and drive to apply your talents to make a difference? Are you looking for an employer that understands the importance of having a work-life balance? Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity (GMHFH) is among the most highly regarded local nonprofits, and we’re growing! We’re seeking a talented, professional HR Generalist to support our mission of helping local families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership. This part-time position is based out of our Habitat ReStore in Williston and has a flexible weekly schedule with 4-8 hour shifts.
You have a track record of successfully onboarding new employees and are well-versed in benefit and payroll administration. You can manage employment ads, screen applicants, conduct new hire orientations, and are open to assisting with various office tasks when needed. Overall, you’re a friendly team member who thrives on supporting a climate of teamwork, transparency, and timelines.
- Fosters a workplace environment and culture consistent with Habitat for Humanity
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans to identify internal and external talent in the most creative and cost-effective ways.
- Process biweekly payroll through PayData
- Oversees hiring policy, process, and the onboarding process
- Administers all employee benefits program
- Provide human resource guidance and support to supervisors and directors regarding employee performance and discipline issues.
- Respond to employee relations, and conduct investigations as appropriate.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management
- Develop and oversee HR policies.
- Oversee employee record-keeping related to new hires, employee reviews, promotions, separations, exit interviews, etc. Ensure the integrity of HR data.
- Demonstrated ability to represent HR in a business undergoing exciting growth.
- Experience collaborating with department Staff, Managers, Admin, Finance, and directly with the CEO.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment law, including practical application and interpretation.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to research, analyze and make recommendations.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a readiness to jump in and contribute.
- Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field, or Associates Degree with commensurate experience required.
Compensation & Benefits
The pay rate for this position is currently $20-$25 per hour. Initial compensation is determined based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. Benefits include paid time off, ten paid holidays, and a 20% staff discount at the Habitat ReStores.
To apply, e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.