Help Address Vermont’s Housing Crisis!
Downstreet Housing & Community Development is a private, mission-driven, not-for-profit organization dedicated to delivering social justice through the power of housing. We pride ourselves on connecting people to the resources they need to thrive and creating equitable opportunities for everyone in Central Vermont to access safe, healthy homes. Through our work, we strengthen the health and future of our local communities.
We are looking for a Homeownership Specialist to join our team – previous experience not required! Downstreet is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Homeownership Specialist to coordinate and implement homeownership and landlord repair loan programs. This person will help low- and middle-income homebuyers achieve their dream of homeownership.
- Provide community education, Homebuyer Education workshops, 1:1 financial counseling, and evictionprevention counseling
- Promote Downstreet’s lending and grant programs to community members and potential participants
- Help potential homebuyers and homeowners complete loan applications and support them throughout the loan process
- Complete all administrative duties related to the position, including program monitoring and reporting
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and organizational requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with service providers, funding agencies, municipal officials, partner lenders, realtors and industry representatives
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in customer service, mortgage lending, real estate or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, employment, and life experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn relevant software
- Highly organized with a strong ability to manage priorities and deadlines and ability to manage confidential information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, active listening skill and problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to equity and inclusion and social and economic justice
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License and personal vehicl
- Some Saturday and weeknight hours required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working at a computer
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time
Downstreet is strongest when we have a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or Veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000 per year
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including 403b match, health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid
time off, life insurance, short-term disability, flexible schedule and hybrid remote/office work schedule available
To apply, please visit this link.
We recognize that we have an important role to play in helping to dismantle racism and promote equity, diversity, and inclusion for all through education, understanding, and action within our organization and throughout the communities we serve. We welcome this opportunity and embrace the challenges and benefits it presents.
Our Race, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (REDI) Awareness & Action Initiative formally facilitates awareness and action at Downstreet that advances equity and centers the needs and experiences of those living in Downstreet’s housing and participating in Downstreet’s programs. This work involves hearts and minds as well as policies and procedures, with outcomes that impact all areas and operations of our organization along with the communities we serve. With the help of an outside facilitator we have developed a framework to guide this work into the future.
We believe that our organization is strongest when we have a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, so we encourage all who are interested in joining us to apply when positions are available. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.