This full-time position serves as a critical role in Green Mountain Club’s development work, working closely with membership and communications staff to accomplish organizational goals. Core responsibilities include coordinating fundraising and donor events, managing appeals, processing donations, and supporting GMC’s major donor program. This person will work with GMC volunteers on the Development Committee to enhance GMC’s development efforts.
- Work with Executive Director and Deputy Director on GMC’s major donor program to organize and enhance the stewardship of current donors and cultivation of new donors. This includes planning and executing donor events and outreach.
- Database work includes entering all donations, processing online donations, and management of constituent management in the database.
- Serve as the project manager for written appeals and corresponding email appeals. This includes working with staff to develop the materials, and the printer to produce and distribute the letter.
- Coordinate and support the Development Committee (made up of GMC volunteers) on their development work, which includes setting up regular meetings, coordinating monthly thank you calls and supporting their fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate Long Trail Day, GMC’s annual public fundraiser. Create a working calendar with deadlines, roles, and responsibilities for staff and volunteers working on this event.
- Support GMC’s grant program by tracking grant requests, grant reports, and working with program leads on compiling requests and reports.
- Manage GMC’s monthly donor program, which includes monthly checks for lapsed members, annual outreach, and ongoing stewardship of donors. Also includes an annual hike for members and an annual mailing of GMC’s calendar.
- Support GMC’s planned giving program by communicating with program participants and working on initiatives to grow this program.
- Experience working in an administrative capacity, preferably with a non-profit organization
- Ability to work remotely and in an office setting and remotely to achieve tasks with a great attention to detail and ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Project Management: experience serving as the staff lead for projects and events
- Experience with membership or donor database software (Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate Online) preferred, but any database knowledge is adequate
- Commitment to customer service, which includes placing a high priority on the inquiries from donors, members, and volunteers
- A commitment and passion for the mission of the Green Mountain Club, and to the continuous learning of best practices in fundraising and communications
The Green Mountain Club is currently working to increase its diversity, equity, and belonging work internally and externally. Work on this includes evaluating and improving internal structures of governance within the organization, styles and ways of internally communicating, evaluating expectations of staff and volunteers, and creating mechanisms to hold folks accountable. We are also including this in our upcoming strategic plan to be able to identify ways of funding additional support.