This full-time position will be responsible for implementation of GMC’s central office communications and providing communications support to the club’s 14 membership sections. Duties include executing regular social media posts, website updates, emails, and other digital communications in addition to gathering content and material for all communications platforms, including the Long Trail News, the quarterly publication of the Green Mountain Club.
Hybrid work environment. Option for full-time in office if needed.
The Green Mountain Club has a five-year strategic plan with four themes, one of which is Engagement and Inclusion. GMC has identified the following action areas within the organization.
• Leadership Development – How to be an effective leader in this work. Identifying and implementing tools, resources, support for moving DEI work forward from a leadership/management perspective; training in leading DEI conversations within the team setting; training in applying DEI framework to all program areas
• Reallocating time management to include DEI in weekly leadership meetings
• Human resources evaluation: hiring practices, staff support, inclusive community practices
• Evaluation of benefits, including salary, to ensure they are equitable and to reduce barriers to working for the Green Mountain Club
• Supporting staff in the field and developing mechanisms to address hate speech, discrimination, and harassment in the field
• Evaluating hiring practices and benefits on an annual basis
• Providing training for seasonal field staff and seasonal leadership
• Include DEI in department goal that are evaluated and updated on an annual basis, which includes establishing GMC’s brand as a welcoming organization that expects inclusive behavior
• Informing and educating audience about barriers that exist to experiencing trails managed by the Green Mountain Club
• Amplifying and sharing resources through GMC communications channels and working with affinity groups to promote their work in the field
• Incorporating equity into land conservation and stewardship planning and policies during strategic conservation planning
• Implementing actions from land acknowledgement statement