Client: The Beer Guy / Lawson’s Finest Liquids
Position Title: General Manager
Location: Waitsfield, Vermont
The Beer Guy, LLC is a Vermont-based wholesale beverage distribution company that sells and delivers the finest and freshest products to accounts in retail, restaurant, and bar locations throughout VT. We are a values-driven company with a focus on being the finest, keeping it authentic, and having fun with a focus on community. The General Manager is responsible for the oversight and daily operations of the business, managing the sales and delivery teams, and driving company and employee performance to ensure that key goals and objectives are achieved. This position reports to President of The Beer Guy, LLC.
- Manage of daily operations and team members at our warehouse location in Waitsfield, VT.
- Management of the business P&L to meet and exceed performance standards; prepare and review budgets, forecasts, and annual business plans.
- Provide supportive leadership and cultivate a company culture of cooperation with high employee morale, and high standards of excellence for both customer service and safety.
- Regular communication to all staff to include operational updates, new directives, new and existing policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Assess and provide training, coaching and development opportunities for staff and team leads.
- Regularly review and revise company KPI’s and monthly dashboards with quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which The Beer Guy’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated and improved.
- Strategic business development to evaluate potential new product additions to our portfolio and to cultivate supplier relationships.
- Coordinate with product suppliers to define needs, develop annual business plans, set sales goals and pricing, plan promotions, and regularly communicate with supplier sales and marketing personnel.
- Continually evaluate, manage, and revise forecasted sales goals for each supplier to ensure achievement of market objectives.
- Measure, monitor, and improve customer service and satisfaction through regular communication and evaluation procedures.
- Monitor and reduce out-of-code product through careful planning and execution.
- Measure company and employee productivity by analyzing performance data, labor and overhead costs, financial data, and activity reports.
- Project a positive image of the organization to suppliers, customers, industry peers, and community.
- Ensure work environment, equipment, and trucks are safe, clean, properly maintained, adequate for the work plans.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, VT Department of Liquor and Lottery regulations, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
- Oversee all shipping and receiving functions, inventory accuracy, employee schedules, and delivery routes.
- Monitor vehicle fleets, warehouse, and equipment, and ensure scheduling of any necessary maintenance or replacements happens.
Requirements & Expectations:
- Prior experience in wholesale beer and beverage distribution with preference for experience in both sales and management at a distribution company.
- Excellent managerial, supervisory, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of operations and distribution management.
- Experience building and leading a sales team.
- Familiarity and proficiency with distribution management software systems (experience with Encompass preferred).
- Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set sales goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Five+ years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull two wheeled hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Ability to work in wet and cold environments.
- Valid and clean CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain CDL within 6 months of employment.
- Willingness to submit to a motor vehicle records review.
This is a full-time position and starting pay will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time-off, paid holidays, profit sharing, and company medical, dental, vision, and 401k plans among others.
Gallagher, Flynn, & Company, LLP has been retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Dan Lyons, Managing Director, HR Consulting, at email@example.com. While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only candidates most closely aligned with our search will be contacted.
Disclaimer: What is listed above is representative of the position’s responsibilities but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion. Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP and our client do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
The Lawson’s Finest Liquids (LFL) Equity, Inclusion and Diversity (EID) Board is a 100% employee-led group that seeks to champion positive change towards a more equitable and diverse company by fostering a culture of education to grow our awareness to all biases and help LFL integrate changes that allow our brand to remain accessible to all people..50