- Oversee all aspects of the facility and function of all systems and controls and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs for departments using a work order system.
- Supervise Maintenance Technician to ensure supportive professional growth and development.
- Process payroll to ensure staff are paid on time.
- Foster effective relationships with building contractors, partners, and vendors.
- Generate an operating budget based upon general facility needs, capital planning, depreciation, and expenses.
- Ensure routine maintenance support for technologies that support general operating systems in the facility.
- Mange expenses including vendor invoices, utilities, credit card statement reconciliation, and purchasing.
- Oversee pool maintenance to ensure chemicals are balanced with clean water and operating mechanics.
- Ensure and maintain GHS compliance with OSHA standards regarding Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals at each Y facility.
- Conduct building safety inspections on a regular basis to include ADA and OSHA compliance.
- Collaborate with the Y Safety Committee to create a culture of safety and consistent safe practices.
- Coordinate practice fire drills.
- Work closely with the cleaning vendor to ensure the facility is clean, safe, and secure.
- Ensure that all Y machinery, tools, equipment, and vehicles assigned are maintained in operable and safe conditions.
- Maintain inventories of tools, supplies and equipment.
- Attend and participate in training, workshops, and meetings as determined with supervisor.
- Demonstrate the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility in your interactions with others.
- Familiarity with technology-based systems that operate mechanical and electrical functions. This position will require the use of technology to operate heating and ventilation systems, pool controls, fire safety systems, electrical, and more.
- General understanding of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, structural, pool and grounds maintenance.
- General OSHA knowledge and/or ability to obtain OSHA-10 certification.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in staff supervision, leading, training, and coaching.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and set priorities with the capacity to respond to tasks appropriately.
- Strong organizational and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to attend and pass Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification course.
- A valid driver’s license, with the ability to pass a motor vehicle record check.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; balance, stop kneel, or crouch; bend, climb and talk or hear.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Free family membership for full-time staff
- Program, camp and child care discounts and member benefits
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with Y of the USA
- Supporting and becoming part of a strong community
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
The GBYMCA is committed to being a place where every person feels they belong. We have an anti-bias mission that is ingrained into the work we do each day. Along with our mission we have worked to provide trainings for all staff in anti-bias work with trainings covering inclusive language, microaggressions, and allyship. The Y recognizes that it is imperative to continue this learning and at times unlearning to better ourselves and in turn strengthen our community.
You can learn more about the Y's Call to Action Against Racism at the link below.