The Development Assistant plays a central role in our growing philanthropy program. Responsibilities include managing our constituent database, entering and acknowledging gifts and pledges, supporting three annual appeals, and assisting with an ongoing fundraising campaign. The position requires careful attention to detail, strong organization skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have two years’ recent experience with database management, gift acceptance and acknowledgment, or equivalent administrative experience.
This is a full-time position that begins ASAP. Benefits include:
- health insurance with a wide selection of plans
- fully sponsored dental insurance
- vision and retirement plans
- 30 days of paid time off per year.
The Development Assistant works primarily out of our White River Junction office, although some remote work is possible. Guidelines for office use are informed by public health recommendations.
Download the full job description here (tinyurl.com/5d8uxjvt).
Please send a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to Dan Lambert (dlambert [at] vtecostudies.org). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through November 6, 2022.
VCE values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we are committed to action that creates and sustains meaningful change, both within our organization and our broader sphere of influence.
We endeavor to:
- promote the science, research, and importance of Black, Indigenous, People of Color naturalists and biologists, and amplify their voices through VCE’s social media and other outreach channels;
- bring increased focus to the biodiversity value of urban landscapes in Vermont and beyond;
- acknowledge the ancestral Indigenous lands where our work occurs;
- expand recruitment for employment opportunities beyond the Northeast and to historically Black colleges and universities and urban community colleges;
- and evaluate our outreach, employment, and programming practices and priorities to build diversity across our organization—including volunteers, interns, staff, board, and constituents.
This work is led by our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Committee with support from DEI professionals. More information available at https://vtecostudies.org/about-us/dei-statement/.