We are seeking an experienced staff to give amazing service to our customers while coordinating our Fresh Meat and Seafood Department. Buying from local vendors, preparing raw meat, grinding meat and packaging and stocking will support this growing department.
Our ideal candidate knows how to provide the highest quality, locally sourced products with exceptional customer service. We are seeking someone with experience leading a meat department, with HACCP and Servsafe certifications and skilled at vendor, employee and customer relationships.
Our Meat Coordinator will take the lead in maintaining a well stocked meat department through strategic ordering and best buying practices while training and coaching team members on high quality standards. Our new Fresh Meat Department will be responsible for preparing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb and seafood for retail sale following HACCP guidelines, making sausage, and preparing fresh ground meat.
Do you enjoy making someone’s day? Want to learn more about natural, organic and local foods? Perhaps this fabulous opportunity is just right for you. We are seeking staff, interested in learning something new every day to support the needs of our growing Co-op.
Our ideal candidate
- is passionate about providing excellent customer service
- enjoys fast paced physical work environment
- has recent retail buying and leadership experience
- is HaCCP trained and certified
- has ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
- is knowledgeable of natural foods with a desire to learn more
- is able to work with and safely handle fresh meat
We believe everyone has a part in creating a just and equal society. For our business that means working to refine our policies and practices to remove potential for bias, and creating an inclusive environment for all staff and customers.
Co-op staff are attending monthly small groups, building skills to support our store as a safe and respectful space where all are welcome. Here they practice various scenarios that could happen in the store and have an opportunity to talk about their experiences.
At the Co-op there are multiple options for feedback from staff, including options for anonymity. From this feedback we have made a number of changes including, but not limited to:
• raising wages
• increased social justice training
• changes on signage to be more inclusive
• addressed vendors' actions that don't support our commitment to social justice
• monthly focus groups with management and staff
We want to take actionable steps in our commitment to social justice, we are continuing to work on our plan and create ways we can hold ourselves accountable.