The Food Program Manager is responsible for preparing and serving breakfast, lunch, and
afternoon snack to approximately 70 children aged 6 weeks to 6 years of age. The Food Program
Manager also has the opportunity to engage in nutrition education for the children at the Pine
Forest Children’s Center. The hours are 8:30am-1:30pm with the option for full time supporting
classrooms in the afternoon.
In the last 2 years PFCC has expanded our Food Program offerings to include Community
Meals, Prepared Take Home Meals, and Food Share CSA. We have spent the last year
participating in Everyone Eats, handing out free meals to our school and neighborhood
This position reports to the West Woods Assistant Director and the Executive Director.
● Menu planning (according to CACFP guidelines)
● Food purchasing and ordering, including Costco pick up once a week
● Documentation of food served, and supporting CACFP paperwork
● Food prep (chopping, mixing, portioning, etc.)
● Cooking lunch and preparing snack that meets CACFP guidelines
● Making baby food purees
● Delivering meal components to classrooms
● Maintaining clean workspace throughout the day
● Interacting with children about food/nutrition
● Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting food preparation dishes and surfaces
● Food prep/cooking experience
● Passion for childhood nutrition
● Hardworking and motivated
● Reliable and professional
● Attention to detail
● Must be able to provide own transportation to center (on Flynn Ave) and to Costco
Optional with Willingness to Learn:
● ServeSafe Certification
● Knowledge of CACFP guidelines
● Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, climbing
stairs, and kneeling.
● Listen to and observe students.
● Regular and predictable attendance is required.
● 20 paid vacation days (accumulate throughout the year)
● 13 paid holidays
● 9 paid full day professional development days
● 5 paid on-site staff meetings
● 18 hours of professional development paid by the employer – can be applied toward coursework
● Vision insurance
● Dental insurance
● EAP Benefits
● Employer Funded Retirement
● Employee Tuition Discount
● Being a part of an amazing community, and making a difference EVERY DAY!
If interested, please email your resume to Julie LaFountaine at email@example.com.
Diversity, equity, and belonging are vital for all children because it sets social goals and promotes respect for all. We utilize books, music, games, and a wide range of
activities as aids to teach our children respect for our world and the diversity of life upon it.